PDA

View Full Version : Quads?(PLO8)

Jorge10
09-24-2005, 06:00 PM
Ok heres a hand I played today that im not sure I played well at all.

Hero has A /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Standard everyone limps in type of pot, I got two people behind me so I am middle position, table had been kind of tight, but in this hand 2 had limped before me, so I figured everyone is going to be in on this one, I figure my hand is ok for that.

Flop comes A /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Blinds and first two guys check to me, I pot it, guy right after me calls, then small blind calls, everyone else goes out.

Turn 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Small Blind Checks, Hero ?

I dont know if its a combination of me running really bad, or the fact that I keep running into quad 9's, but anyway, what do you guys think?

Sorry about grammar, writing while playing.

Whoops forgot, all had 200 it was a PL200 table, no one had done anything particularly crazy, the pot I bet was 12.

Ribbo
09-24-2005, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Flop comes A /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Blinds and first two guys check to me, I pot it, guy right after me calls, then small blind calls, everyone else goes out.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should always ask yourself, why are people calling. One guy has an ace, that's why he called your bet. There are 4 aces in a deck of cards, so what does the second guy have? There is no low draw, he surely can't be peeling one off with a flush draw when he knows two people have aces. So that leaves the nines in the deck. Either he has 99 on the flop, or is an idiot.
Usually when a flop comes say 66K and I have A6 and bet the pot, then get atleast 2 callers, I know someone has KK. It's a lot harder for underfulls, but on the turn, once I have quads I know the aces are split so I can take it nice and slow.

DyessMan89
09-24-2005, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should always ask yourself, why are people calling. One guy has an ace, that's why he called your bet. There are 4 aces in a deck of cards, so what does the second guy have? There is no low draw, he surely can't be peeling one off with a flush draw when he knows two people have aces. So that leaves the nines in the deck. Either he has 99 on the flop, or is an idiot.
Usually when a flop comes say 66K and I have A6 and bet the pot, then get atleast 2 callers, I know someone has KK. It's a lot harder for underfulls, but on the turn, once I have quads I know the aces are split so I can take it nice and slow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very nicley put, and I agree.

Mendacious
09-24-2005, 07:01 PM
I had a similar hand recently where I had trip AA on an AJx flop and bet, a mouse called and a blank came on the turn, I bet and the mouse called again. When the river came J, I bet again, and got raised, and I knew even before I bet it that it was a stupid bet, that he had to have quads, I paid him off because the final amount was trivial, but it is clearly possible to ferret out the quads from the context.

Jorge10
09-24-2005, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent reply.

I thought about that immediately and checked both the turn and river. The river was a 7, one guy had 2/3/X/X for nothing and the other had A/3/4/Q, I won the pot with trip aces with king kicker. However I was wondering if it was wrong since I had shown strength, I was thinking it was just bad play to check it down after potting it and I was basically giving the pot away, but I guess its better that way in the long run and I wont lose much that way.

se2schul
09-24-2005, 08:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for showing your thought process... It's most valuable.

Is it correct to use this type of reasoning in a $25 plo8 game, or are the calling standards too low to put someone on quads in such a situation?

Thanks.

09-25-2005, 07:49 AM
Ribbo's first ever useful post. Jesus, Ribbo, you should print this out and frame it; you fkin' jackass tard.

Ribbo
09-25-2005, 08:15 PM
lol
http://phya.snu.ac.kr/~swkim/Personal/P1010036.JPG