PDA

View Full Version : I've never seen the Big Lebowski before...

PITTM
09-24-2005, 05:49 PM
its downloading at a blazing 40kb/second, maybe ill see it this afternoon. now there are a few factors at work here. first, i rarely ever watch movies. ive literally seen MAYBE 50 movies total. i just prefer interaction and freedom, and sitting in the same place watching something for 2 hours barely appeals to me. second, many of my friends who saw this movie started to quote it endlessly and it got really [censored] annoying, so i didnt see the movie. finally, after hearing the 24872139472394723947th big lebowski reference i decided im gonna give it a whirl.

rj

09-24-2005, 05:51 PM
I saw it for the first time a few weeks ago

I recomend trying to not have any expectations, and it seems you may have to watch it a few times, possibly while under the influence of various substances and with friends

PITTM
09-24-2005, 05:52 PM
so many many bongloads wouldnt hurt my experience? its saturday, i have nothing to do, and i got dumped last night so im in a fairly poor mood. might as well waste my whole day.

rj

trying2learn
09-24-2005, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so many many bongloads wouldnt hurt my experience? its saturday, i have nothing to do, and i got dumped last night so im in a fairly poor mood. might as well waste my whole day.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

this may be the perfect remedy for you then. the dude abides.

MrWookie47
09-24-2005, 05:54 PM
Either that, or drink a white russian every time the Dude does.

Edit: Or both! We'll have you in a drugged stupor saying, "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man!" before nightfall.

Drew16
09-24-2005, 05:58 PM
You wont regret it.

bones
09-24-2005, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and i got dumped last night

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's hope this one wants to make you jealous too.

PITTM
09-24-2005, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and i got dumped last night

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's hope this one wants to make you jealous too.

[/ QUOTE ]

shes not as hot, but i liked her as a person more. and for that i am dissapointed. plus she was a freak in the bedroom, not to the extent of leaving naked pictures on my computer though...regrettably.

rj

bones
09-24-2005, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
not to the extent of leaving naked pictures on my computer though...regrettably.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we all share that sentiment.

Enjoy BL, and I promise you'll have a much greater appreciation for John Goodman afterwards.

Soul Daddy
09-24-2005, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so many many bongloads wouldnt hurt my experience?

[/ QUOTE ]
It will only serve to enhance the experience. Have fun wallowing.

Macdaddy Warsaw
09-24-2005, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Either that, or drink a white russian every time the Dude does.

Edit: Or both! We'll have you in a drugged stupor saying, "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man!" before nightfall.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Big Lebowski challenge is hardcore. Drink a beer everytime he does, a white russian when he does, and smoke whenever he does. It may be impossible.

renodoc
09-25-2005, 01:14 AM
nice pants

Bradyams
09-25-2005, 01:17 AM
Grab some 40s and drink everytime someone says "Dude". It's the best drinking game ever (assuming you're drinking with friends).

edfurlong
09-25-2005, 01:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Grab some 40s and drink everytime someone says "Dude". It's the best drinking game ever (assuming you're drinking with a bucket next to you. ).

[/ QUOTE ]

siccjay
09-25-2005, 01:45 AM
Nice Marmot

touchfaith
09-25-2005, 01:51 AM
I haven't seen it either. Based on how many people here love it, I'm guessing it's highly overrated.

MyTurn2Raise
09-25-2005, 03:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I haven't seen it either. Based on how many people here love it, I'm guessing it's highly overrated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus said a similar thing about blowjobs.

ClaytonN
09-25-2005, 03:07 AM
He isn't lying.

edfurlong
09-25-2005, 03:09 AM
Your roommate is probably new to it though.

ClaytonN
09-25-2005, 03:09 AM
The first time I watched it I thought it was the stupidest [censored] movie I had ever seen in my life. But when you watch it a 2nd, 3rd, and maybe 4th time with friends, it starts to make more sense and you enjoy it more.

Not to sound like a movie critic, but the Dude represents "Everyman" or the common man very well. You see a lot more "Dudely" traits in people than in most of the crap you see these days, ie Affleck movies.

jakethebake
09-25-2005, 03:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The first time I watched it I thought it was the stupidest [censored] movie I had ever seen in my life. But when you watch it a 2nd, 3rd, and maybe 4th time with friends, it starts to make more sense and you enjoy it more.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe i should see it again then because i've only seen it once and this is what i thought of it.

Blarg
09-25-2005, 03:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I saw it for the first time a few weeks ago

I recomend trying to not have any expectations, and it seems you may have to watch it a few times, possibly while under the influence of various substances and with friends

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. I expected much more from all the OOT ravings. I didn't even want to see it twice. Maybe it gets much better on subsequent viewings.

But to the original poster, for not having seen it already, I believe the standard OOT advice would be: YSSCKY.

imported_CaseClosed326
09-25-2005, 03:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've never seen the Big Lebowski before...

[/ QUOTE ]

I am so so sorry

siccjay
09-25-2005, 05:04 AM
It is definitely better the 2nd time you see it.

Aytumious
09-25-2005, 05:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Since it's so over the top bizarro, it's a little hard to get into it the first time. Now, I can safely say there isn't a movie that makes me laugh harder, even after multiple viewings.

Cyrus
09-25-2005, 11:51 AM
have not seen The Big Lebowski?

It's unsanitary.

SackUp
09-25-2005, 11:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah it is strange how that works but it is definitely true. It really has some of the most classic lines of any movie out there.

It's not that great of a movie to watch alone for me but with friends it is hilarious and I die of laughter when quoting the lines.

benza13
09-25-2005, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's not that great of a movie to watch alone for me but with friends it is hilarious and I die of laughter when quoting the lines.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is key here, especially the first couple times you see it. BL makes a great group movie, especially since there are a bunch of drinking games you can play, some of which were mentioned.

Eric Draven
09-25-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe i should see it again then because i've only seen it once and this is what i thought of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here.

Vish
09-25-2005, 05:16 PM
I haven't seen it either, and I'd like to. How exactly does one download movies? Are you using Limewire or something like that?

TheBlueMonster
09-25-2005, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i just prefer interaction and freedom, and sitting in the same place watching something for 2 hours barely appeals to me.

[/ QUOTE ] and yet you have 2500 posts here /images/graemlins/wink.gif

John Ho
09-25-2005, 05:47 PM
I'll play the morality police here and point out that downloading movies is stealing.

Blockbuster...look into it.

edfurlong
09-25-2005, 06:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll play the morality police here and point out that downloading movies is stealing.

Blockbuster...look into it.

[/ QUOTE ]

He should steal movies from blockbuster?

GuyOnTilt
09-25-2005, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I haven't seen it either, and I'd like to. How exactly does one download movies? Are you using Limewire or something like that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mat has a new rule and we're not allowed to mention the t-word that describes the best method of dl'ing media on 2+2 anymore. Why? Because he found out there are some 2+2 ebooks available via the t-word. I'm really pumped about this new and exciting rule. Can you tell?

GoT

Blarg
09-25-2005, 07:11 PM
Well that's a weird and pointless rule. "T's" are just a fact of internet life. Might as well ban the word "car" or something.

TheCroShow
09-25-2005, 10:05 PM
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women man

RacersEdge
09-25-2005, 10:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
YSSCKY.

[/ QUOTE ]

??