PDA

View Full Version : analyze my starting hands 200NL

pokerjoker
09-24-2005, 05:37 PM
this is probably a pretty n00bish post, but I just wanted to make sure here. Just to make this easy, assume table has no knowledge of you and you have none of the table. Assume 10 max and no limpers.

All positions =All pocket pair

EP AK, AQ, suited connectors 45-QK,

MP add suited 1 gappers, AJ, AJs, ATs, ATo

LP add any 2 broadway cards, Axs, unsuited connectors and one gappers 67 and above.

Again this is probably basic but I would really appreiciate ur thoughts.

ryanghall
09-24-2005, 05:57 PM
Why are you playing suited connectors out of position? Is this profitable for you? I find that drawing hands cause a lot of problems out of position.

Also, are you finding ATo profitable in MP??

Ryan

pokerjoker
09-24-2005, 06:11 PM
Not counting AKs I am up 1 buy in playing suited connectors and played them in position 1-3 over 225 hands.

I have a small loss with ATo, but these stats are only over 30,000 total hands. I think if I played ATo a bit better it could be profitable, but this is the reason I am polling.

[ QUOTE ]
Why are you playing suited connectors out of position? Is this profitable for you? I find that drawing hands cause a lot of problems out of position.

Also, are you finding ATo profitable in MP??

Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]

dtbog
09-24-2005, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why are you playing suited connectors out of position? Is this profitable for you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to do this universally, and I found that it was a leak.

I definitely play suited connectors OOP with certain table conditions, though -- the most notable of which is if some donk in LP makes a lot of small PF raises and can't get away from a hand.

dtbog
09-24-2005, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just to make this easy, assume table has no knowledge of you and you have none of the table. Assume 10 max and no limpers.

[/ QUOTE ]

These sorts of assumptions are the n00bish part of this, I think. Aren't you usually adapting to the table conditions?

If I go more than a couple of orbits at a table without finding something remotely out-of-line that one of the players is doing, I'm going to find a new table.

pokerjoker
09-24-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just to make this easy, assume table has no knowledge of you and you have none of the table. Assume 10 max and no limpers.

[/ QUOTE ]

These sorts of assumptions are the n00bish part of this, I think. Aren't you usually adapting to the table conditions?

If I go more than a couple of orbits at a table without finding something remotely out-of-line that one of the players is doing, I'm going to find a new table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I adapt to table conditions. It would just be more difficult to post all the variables for table conditions that could affect my starting hand requirements and have people respond accordingly.