PDA

View Full Version : Pretty looking hand gets messy.

SomethingClever
09-24-2005, 05:29 PM
PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, CO calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, CO calls.

River: (9.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 14.25 BB

adamstewart
09-24-2005, 06:20 PM
You misplayed the flop.

CO was preflop aggressor. You want to trap MP, so you should lead the flop. You're hoping for MP to call your single bet and CO to raise behind him and trap him.

The way you played it, with the check-raise, you're potentially pushing out MP - which is exactly what you don't want with a draw.

PS wtf is with your initial river call? Hoping your 7-kicker holds up?

Adam

SomethingClever
09-25-2005, 12:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought there was a good enough chance we were all playing the boat on board to call one.

mute
09-25-2005, 01:17 PM
Lead the flop. You don't wanna push out MP here. Given that MP called two cold on the flop, I don't see the purpose of the turn bet. You have very little chance of taking this down, and you could be drawing to one out.

Dunno about the river call. You're getting 4:1 on your call, assuming that it's not raised behind you. I think either CO or MP will have a PP or a nine too often to profitably call here given the previous action, but not sure.

imitation
09-25-2005, 01:23 PM
Hand looks good, well played.

adamstewart
09-25-2005, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought there was a good enough chance we were all playing the boat on board to call one.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored], sorry ... forgot there was a boat on board.

Adam

Lmn55d
09-25-2005, 01:58 PM
I don't have a problem with the flop checkraise. I think it could improve hero's chances of winning the pot by cleaning up his 6/7 or allowing him to take down the pot with a turn bet. Your equity is solid here, but it's not as if "Trapping" MP is some huge coup or something. I also think betting out and check/calling have merits as well. If there were one more in I think betting is probably better.