PDA

View Full Version : Adshoc (All Day Short-Handed Obsessive Challenge) in October??

TheMetetron
09-24-2005, 05:17 PM
Bugstud and I talked about doing this after he got back from Aurba (after winning the event and the UB poker pro package, of course). Basically, it's 24 hours where everyone involved plays non-stop (or as close to it as possible) at their respective limits in order to get an assload of hands in, cheer each other on, and laugh at the ridiculous amount of money and rakeback we've all just earned.

So I'm thinking second or third week in October, though I don't know what day of the week and starting time works for everyone... so anyone who's down, let me know you are interested and when is good for you.

Thanks.

gildwulf
09-24-2005, 05:18 PM
I'm definitely in at 5/10. But it's gotta be a Sat. or Sunday. I can't call in sick to gradschool.

We should set up an IRC room for it.

Danenania
09-24-2005, 05:23 PM
Oh God. The mere thought of this turns my brain into a fried egg. I'm pretty sure my play would turn sharply for -EV land after the 8 hour mark.

TheMetetron
09-24-2005, 05:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm definitely in at 5/10. But it's gotta be a Sat. or Sunday. I can't call in sick to gradschool.

We should set up an IRC room for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sat or Sunday is probably ideal, since non-pros could participate. The problem is these are usually my going out and relaxing days, but I think I can sacrifice one or two.

IRC room isn't a bad idea.

TheMetetron
09-24-2005, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh God. The mere thought of this turns my brain into a fried egg. I'm pretty sure my play would turn sharply for -EV land after the 8 hour mark.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pussy /images/graemlins/smile.gif

TheMetetron
09-24-2005, 05:35 PM
Forgot to mention I'll be playing 4-6 tables of $10/20 and above for this.

gildwulf
09-24-2005, 05:41 PM
Actually, now that I think of it it might be really -EV for a bunch of semipros/pros to play on the same tables all day:P

craig r
09-24-2005, 05:42 PM
What limits do you have to play for this? Is there a wager also?

craig

Surfbullet
09-24-2005, 05:54 PM
sounds good to me! Let me know when it is.

I'll probably start with 4-6 tables of 10/20, but after 4-6 hours I'm sure I'll be down to 3 for the rest of the stretch.

Also, if a decent # of people get in on this then a weekend will probably be better so we don't drown all the fish on a weekday. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Surf

Jerkass333
09-24-2005, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually, now that I think of it it might be really -EV for a bunch of semipros/pros to play on the same tables all day:P

[/ QUOTE ]

Not for those logging on at about the 18-hour mark...

TheMetetron
09-24-2005, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It won't be -EV by a long stretch, unless you are barely winning. Even if my winrate drops a point or so, it will be a huge pay day for me.

And we will be playing across different limits as not everyone hear plays 10/20 and above.

TheMetetron
09-24-2005, 06:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What limits do you have to play for this? Is there a wager also?

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever you play normally, though you can drop down if you feel your play is deteriorating.

Even if someone doesn't make the full 24 hours, the point of it is to just log as many hands as possible.

No wager as of yet, but I would think we might be able to come up with a pool where everyone puts up like $20 or whatever no one cares about losing and the it gets split between the "winners" who actually last the entire time. Don't know if anyone wants to do that or not, but if it helps push some of you harder, go for it. I don't care either way.

TheMetetron
09-24-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not for those logging on at about the 18-hour mark...

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, I'll still be playing pretty decent poker come hour 18. Not my A game, but it will be more than enough.

TheMetetron
09-24-2005, 06:17 PM
Sweet.

Yeah, weekend is probably best. I'm going for a Saturday/Sunday type of thing. Not sure what hour to start...

craig r
09-24-2005, 06:21 PM
Sounds cool. Sometime between the 7th-17th would be best for me, since the significant other will be out of town. I work from home and play 4 tables of 3/6 at a time (just moved up), but I think it would be fun. If people want to wager I am fine with that. Maybe we could have 3 different categories and the winner of each gets 1/3rd of the prize pool. Most hands played or time, most BB won, and most BB lost. Just suggestions, but either way I am down.

craig

wheelz
09-28-2005, 06:11 AM
i wasn't sure if i wanted to do this, but i've decided that i might as well. i'm in.

09-28-2005, 08:03 AM
I would love to join. If, for some reason, I can't play that day, I will be sure to log in at 12:01 the next morning when all of you guys hit the pillow. What a fish fest that will be! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

TheMetetron
09-28-2005, 08:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would love to join. If, for some reason, I can't play that day, I will be sure to log in at 12:01 the next morning when all of you guys hit the pillow. What a fish fest that will be! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel the love.