PDA

View Full Version : Questions about PokerShare

XxGodJrxX
09-24-2005, 05:04 PM
Since PokerShare is a UB skin, I was assuming that they are pretty much the same when it comes to the bonuses. The Bonuswhores page says that you get .5 point for every hand between .50 and 3.00 rake. On PokerShare's site, it says that you get a full point for all rake over $1. I am assuming that PokerShare's site is right, but that made me start thinking about what else may be different (before I sign up). Do the bonuses expire for example? Thanks in advance.

Sniper
09-25-2005, 08:33 AM
Didn't UB recently change its bonus structure?

(It's possible that Pokershare hasn't updated its information based on that change yet)

XxGodJrxX
09-25-2005, 12:11 PM
I've never played at UB before, but the structure for gaining UB points there seems to make it extremely painful to clear the bonus (only .5 a point for a raked hand about $.50). PokerShare's site says that they give a full point for every hand raked at least $1.

I want to think that Pokershare's site is correct, making clearing bonuses there not much harder than at PR. But the fact that it is a UB skin makes me think that one of the two websites is wrong. If clearing a bonus at PokerShare is as hard as clearing a bonus at UB, I won't even bother.

Can anybody that has played there confirm how many points one gets for a raked hand? Also, do the bonuses expire?

2ndGoat
09-27-2005, 09:57 AM
pokershare is misinformed or dishonest.

Pot raked $3, at 5/10 or 50/100, is worth .5 points.
Makes you wonder why they don't give a full point and charge twice as much for point purchases.

2nd

timprov
09-27-2005, 10:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
pokershare is misinformed or dishonest.

[/ QUOTE ]

More likely they have more on their mind than updating their website. This is still a fairly recent change on UB's part, and I'm pretty sure it was still max 1 pt when PokerShare launched.

[ QUOTE ]

Pot raked $3, at 5/10 or 50/100, is worth .5 points.
Makes you wonder why they don't give a full point and charge twice as much for point purchases.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it's all about lowering the bonus clearing rate. They couldn't care less about the point purchases.

XxGodJrxX
09-27-2005, 11:18 AM
I suppose that is all I need to know to not open an account there. .5 points max per hand makes this bonus 20X on the dollar. Totally unreasonable.

dlk9s
09-27-2005, 11:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

More likely they have more on their mind than updating their website.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like this:

http://www.pokernewsdaily.com/news.asp?news=215

2ndGoat
09-27-2005, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Because it's all about lowering the bonus clearing rate. They couldn't care less about the point purchases.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, but my point remains, it just seems bizarre not to be able to get one point in a hand- they could make it 20 points per bonus dollar cleared instead of 10 and have the same effect.

I'm averaging about 40 points per table per hour at pokershare so far, with games ranging from short to full, 5/10 to 50/100. If I 3-tabled there (the max allowed) until the wpt event at the commerce, I'd have to play roughly 50 hours per week to qualify for one of the 10 free seats.

Hopefully they'll adjust to 60k points required, which would yield a manageable 25 hours a week needed (and of course getting there before 10 other players do). The games have seemed pretty good so far, so I wouldn't mind spending a lot of time there with decent rakeback, a trip package, and a sliver of dividends.

2nd

Edit: pokershare's web site now lists the correct .5 per hand figure.

XxGodJrxX
09-27-2005, 09:40 PM
Before you know it, we are all going to be named after companies. My first-born is going to be named "The Burger King"

09-27-2005, 10:58 PM
I'd be willing to change my name if they give me the money /images/graemlins/smile.gif