PDA

View Full Version : Theoretical question about playing AK against typical opponents

mrh86
09-24-2005, 03:53 PM
Suppose I'm playing in a tournament, there are 9 players at my table, including myself, and I have A-K. A player directly across from me opens up with what I know to be a weaker unsuited ace. Since this is theoretical, I also know that another ace will come on the flop, but I don't know what other cards will come. Would I have a higher EV from simply calling preflop and slowplaying/check-raising on the flop than I would with reraising preflop and betting the flop?

Exitonly
09-24-2005, 05:15 PM
well if he calls your reraise preflop, then the flop is going to help him.. so he'll probably call/raiseo n the flop and you'll get even more.

So definitely if you reraise preflop.

ansky451
09-24-2005, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
well if he calls your reraise preflop, then the flop is going to help him.. so he'll probably call/raiseo n the flop and you'll get even more.

So definitely if you reraise preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

But then you may lose him preflop, and run the risk of not winning a decent pot on the flop with what likely is TPTK vs TPWK. I'm not saying you are wrong, just something to consider.