PDA

View Full Version : PokerAce Hud - Version 0.30 Released

PokerAce
09-24-2005, 02:38 PM
I'm pleased to announce the release of PokerAce Hud version 0.30.

Download Version 0.30 here:

http://pokeracesoftware.com

PokerAce Hud is a companion application for the PokerTracker online poker hand history tracking application. PA Hud reads the statistics from PokerTracker and places them directly on the poker client window as you play.

What's New in Version 0.30:

# Changed Feature: Redesign of the Preferences window
# Fixed: UltimateBet seating issue with stats
# Fixed: UltimateBet tournaments should now work
# Fixed: Crypto hand history reading issue when running multiple skins
# Fixed: Popup stats formatting with transparent backgrounds
# Fixed: Tournament self stats bug
# Fixed: William Hill self stats problem (fourth time's a charm?)

There is a tutorial up on the PokerAce Software website that gives detailed instructions on how to configure and use PokerAce Hud. If you are having an issue, please read through the tutorial. Chances are, your issue is addressed in there and you'll likely get things resolved faster than trying to contact me to help you.

If you've experienced problems in the past, please download this version to see if your problem has been fixed, even if it's not mentioned in the list above. Sometimes I fix bugs and forget to mark them on the list. Let me know if your problem still exists in this version. I'm doing my best to get all the bugs squashed as soon as I can.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them here or on the PokerAce Software forums. I'll be happy to help and listen to your input.

Please join the mailing list on the PokerAce Software website to be notified of new releases by email.

Mizzles
09-24-2005, 02:54 PM
WOW, you really left the competition in the DUST.

Strong work.

PokerAce
09-24-2005, 02:56 PM
Thank you, I'm doing my best. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

09-24-2005, 03:24 PM
i just installed the 0.30 version and it still has the exact same problem with ultimatebet putting the stats under the wrong names.....i know i made a post yesterday about 0.29 but this updated version doesnt seem to change it at all

smokylosecannon
09-24-2005, 03:38 PM
Hi, I have a problem installing newer version. I have ver0.28 installed in my laptop. it works great, but when I try to install ver.29, I get following error "Error opening file for writing: C:\ProgramFile\PokerAce Hud\PAHud.exe" I get same error when I try to install ver.30. I can install any other programs fine. any idea what causing this problem???

thanks

PokerAce
09-24-2005, 04:37 PM
You must be dealt into the hand before it's able to recognize that you are seated. Does it still not work after you are dealt cards?

PokerAce
09-24-2005, 04:38 PM
You have PA Hud running while trying to install. You will need to make sure it is closed. If that's not the problem, try rebooting before installing.

PokerAce
09-24-2005, 04:47 PM
I apologize, I was mistaken. You do not have to be dealt hole cards for PA Hud to recognize where you are seated.

If you could, enable logging and super logging, reproduce the problem and email the PAHud.log file to pkrace@gmail.com. Thanks.

smokylosecannon
09-24-2005, 05:46 PM
thanks, that solved prolbem. I did not run PAH, but application was running on background. I killed process using task manager then I was able to install newer version. This did not happen before though. Any idea why PA was running in background to begin with?

PokerAce
09-24-2005, 05:55 PM
You probably had it minimized and it was hiding in your system tray.

smokylosecannon
09-24-2005, 08:09 PM
sorry, that I didn't mention, but I checked that too. I booted my computer, checked this forum, download PAH, then I couldn't install. I didn't even touch PAH... strange... Anyway, I was able to install now. thanks for your quick reply.

Pirc Defense
09-24-2005, 10:40 PM
I'm going to sound like a complete n00b for saying this, but holy [censored] this is a bounty that has fallen upon me.

Just downloaded your fine program and am addicted after, like, 15 hands. Just beautiful. Thank you very much.

BaThR0oM
09-24-2005, 11:05 PM
Hey, I want to say thanks for the update. However, I have this little problem after downloading the 3.0 version. I'm playing at the cryptos and for some strange reason my stats would keep displaying on the poker table I can't get it to stop. I've tried going to the layout manager and I see that "show mine" is unchecked. I save it from the file tab anyway and my stats would disappear for a little bit then return. Is there anyway for me to fix this? Thanks in advance~

PokerAce
09-25-2005, 12:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey, I want to say thanks for the update. However, I have this little problem after downloading the 3.0 version. I'm playing at the cryptos and for some strange reason my stats would keep displaying on the poker table I can't get it to stop. I've tried going to the layout manager and I see that "show mine" is unchecked. I save it from the file tab anyway and my stats would disappear for a little bit then return. Is there anyway for me to fix this? Thanks in advance~

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you playing on William Hill? It turns out that I still haven't fixed that bug. I'm still working on it, and it *will* get fixed.

BaThR0oM
09-25-2005, 12:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you playing on William Hill? It turns out that I still haven't fixed that bug. I'm still working on it, and it *will* get fixed.

[/ QUOTE ]

No Sir...I'm actually on Interpoker. I had to play without the HUD for little bit and it stank. I'm getting so used to your program. You Sir, Are the Man.

Wired Jokers
09-25-2005, 01:33 AM
Since you are montioring these forums, and more specifically this thread ...

Downloaded version .3. Wonderful program. However, the main issue (complaint?) I have with the program is the continual "flicker" of the stats. I believe this is due to stats constantly being refreshed. I didn't notice this issue as much with Gametime.

Is there anything that can be done to alleviate this problem? It can get quite annoying when four-tabling.

Again, great program, but I thought I'd give you feedback.

Sniper
09-25-2005, 07:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems we took a step backwards on this one.. not only isn't it fixed for William Hill, but its also now broken for the other cryptos.

PokerAce
09-25-2005, 12:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems we took a step backwards on this one.. not only isn't it fixed for William Hill, but its also now broken for the other cryptos.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh oh. Well, I have CONFIRMATION that I fixed the William Hill problem, so I imagine that fixes the other crypto problem.

Question to Crypto Users: Is this issue so urgent that I need to release another patch? Could you wait a couple weeks for me to add more features and do a larger release?

PokerAce
09-25-2005, 12:44 PM
The flicker is noticeably worse on Prima skins and Ultimate Bet. I'm working on coming up with a better way to display the stats that may reduce or eliminate the flicker.

tribefan9
09-25-2005, 03:37 PM
Would it be possible to to put in an option to say how many players with stats are needed to display table averages? For instance, I often open up a table where I have 25 hands on only one or two players, and the table average puts the average of those two. I would rather not see anything in the table averages area until I have hands on 5+ players.

This would help greatly in scouting tables.

Thanks for your help, your product is fantastic!

PokerAce
09-25-2005, 09:14 PM
That's an idea, I'll think about it. For future reference, please post all feature suggestions on the PokerAce Software website. That way they are all in one place and I can easily find them.

09-25-2005, 09:23 PM
Just trying this for the first time

Though it works I wish I knew what the number in the top left corner meant (to 3 decimal places), it varies between 0 and 100 but it doesnt show on the layout manager screen at all. What is it?

PokerAce
09-26-2005, 12:19 AM
Top left corner of the screen? There shouldn't be any stats in the top left corner.

Try reading the tutorial on the PokerAce Software website, it might help clear things up.

09-26-2005, 05:32 AM
LOL its definitely there I will try to post a screencap later. Its right in the corner. Most of the time it was saying 100.00 or 0.000 or 25.00 and I was at a Party 6 max table. It changed every few hands & didnt seem to correlate to any obvious statistic.

Sniper
09-26-2005, 11:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Question to Crypto Users: Is this issue so urgent that I need to release another patch? Could you wait a couple weeks for me to add more features and do a larger release?

[/ QUOTE ]

The primary reason the display of self stats at your seat is a problem, is because the usual placement of stats hides your hole cards at some of the seats.

I vote for ealy rather than later release of a fix /images/graemlins/smile.gif

PokerAce
09-26-2005, 11:20 AM
Go into the layout manager and select that layout. Move any statistic box that is located in the top left corner. You may have enabled a stat that got placed there and you never moved it.

Here's the portion of the tutorial that covers the layout manager:

http://pokeracesoftware.com/hud/tutorial.php?page=laymgr

PokerAce
09-26-2005, 11:20 AM
There are other problems with version 0.30 as well, so I will be doing another patch release soon.

10-05-2005, 12:59 PM
Yeah that was it. I got the hang of it all eventually

Taking me a while to fit what I want on the screen in a convenient place but its overall very satisfactory.

Note: I find putting my own stats on top of the Dealer Avatar is best.

Soul Rebel
10-05-2005, 02:01 PM
Thanks again man, PokerAce is so good. Not to be picky, but any chance of pokerroom support in the next version?

PokerAce
10-05-2005, 02:48 PM
Not in the next version (coming out later today), but soon.

jds1201
10-05-2005, 03:01 PM
Does anybody else have a problem with the "mucked cards at showdown"? When I play prima, it does not show me my opponents cards if I win a showdown. Works fine if I'm not in the hand and obviously I see what they had if I lost, but if I win a showdown I have to go back to PT to see what they had. I don't remember this happening when I played party, but it's been 100% for the past few weeks I've played prima (bet365). Talked to a friend today who noticed the same thing.

Love the product though.

PokerAce
10-05-2005, 04:14 PM
Please try the new version and if it still happens in the new version, send me a log file after replicating the problem.