PDA

View Full Version : Done being conservative on 2 table tournaments. (venting)

winky51
09-24-2005, 02:28 PM
Ya play right to get no cards then have to go all in with AK and some idiot calls with K9o and sucks out.

You make the right bet on the flop with the best hand and some idiot decides to bluff at you and you call because you know it, and he sucks out.

LAG bluff raises with crap, you put him all in with QQ, he calls anyways with no odds, and his K4o sucks out.

I see loose idiots pile huge stacks calling PF raises dominated hands and calling down with a pair of 33s on a board of A Q T 8 and somehow winning when 4 flush hits on the river.

I'M TIRED OF IT!!!!. I'm tired of making the right bet, the right raise, the right call, the right bluff, only to have some phucking moron hit their hand.

I show down good hands and the one time I bluff they somehow magically know on a rediculously dangerous board and call down with bottom pair.

I gotta see more hands, I gotta make more plays. I make the right decision 95% of the time and I still lose. This sucks.

Last 10 online tournaments I placed 3rd place once and made it just out of the money 8 times losing to idiots.

I'm switching tactics. Conservative mode sucks! Its time to get frisky, aggressive, and apply fear.

anyone else have these feelings?

TomHimself
09-24-2005, 02:35 PM
Das No Limit Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave D
09-24-2005, 02:41 PM
It's time to start (temporarily) banning people for bad beat posts.

09-24-2005, 02:46 PM
No. K9 has bubbled my AK three times I think, I lost four 4:1 / 3:1's in a row in one tourney alone yesterday, total of about 7 for the day, and if it weren't for me having the guy cracking my AJ with A10 runner runner straight covered in chips I woulda been bubbleboy 3rd tourney in a row. And I have NO regrets or bad feelings about, as I accept this by playing poker. We all get it. Get over it. It's -poker-. You should be happy you made the right move, got your money in with the best hand, and you should thank your opponents for trying their hardest to give you their chips instead of being angry at them. Just because something has a low % chance of happening doesn't mean it isnt going to happen. If you wanna talk about ****'ed up probability, what were the chances for Randy Johnson's pitch hitting that bird? Now THATS insane.

Actually, some of the stuff I saw yesterday made me question my religious beliefs. UTG+1 Open pushes all in for 20bb with blinds 15/30, SB reraises to 40bb to isolate, SB flips over J6o and UTG+1 flips 9/5, J6 takes it. Better than Ungar.

Also, lol@tom and his avatar changes.

winky51
09-24-2005, 02:51 PM
Well I am going to try being aggressive in 10 tournaments. I want to see how well it does. Ironically I have much better luck in the SH 6 player tournaments because I raise/play a lot more hands. I'm just hating having to rely on no hands for 5 passes around the table then moving all in with KK to be beat by the big stack with Axo. Happened 3x in a row the last 3 days.

09-24-2005, 02:53 PM
Thats not even a bad beat. He has 30% to win.

winky51
09-24-2005, 03:52 PM
The 30% is not the point. The point is they keep hitting it.

HERES A GOOD ONE I SAW YESTERDAY: I was watching a multitable and saw the chip leader was so far ahead of the others. So I went to the table so see why?! I found there were 2 chip leaders here #1 (19,000) and #2 (7,000). #2 raised almost every hand limped to him. If he had one paint card he went all in, semi connected... all in, any ace, all in, any pair, all in, is it suited?... all in. I swear to god he had 30,000 chips after 20 minutes of this. The average was 4,000 at that point. He knocked out at least 8 players while I was there watching calling with AK, AQ, TT, 99. He lost 2 in a row to the other chip leader, who was also a fish calling station.

CardSharpCook
09-24-2005, 03:54 PM
WWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Wittle Baby gonna Cry? Poor wittle baby! /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

ansky451
09-24-2005, 03:58 PM
I KNOW!!!! I HATE GETTING MY MONEY IN CONSISTENTLY WITH THE BEST HAND!!!! BEING STUPID AND BLINDLY AGGRESSIVE IS SO MUCH BETTER!!!!

Seriously, your post is retarded. Look up variance in the dictionary, then delete your post.

XXXNoahXXX
09-24-2005, 04:01 PM
How come we put up with this [censored] from someone just because they have 700+ posts? This is a bad beat post. "I'm gonna change my strategy blah blah". None of it is real, its all fluff surrounding your whining. I can't believe you've been around 2+2 long enough to have this many posts and you still are whining about bad beats? Seriously? What makes you different from the person whose 1st post is a bad beat whine? You're worse because you at least should know better. Get over it. [censored] happens.

PS- And I don't care that the title of the post is low content or venting or whatever, if its not going to be educational it damn well better be funny.

winky51
09-24-2005, 07:14 PM
Hey go have a nice cup of go [censored] yourself /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I put vent on the subject line. So that means I don't waste the time of little selfish pricks like you /images/graemlins/smile.gif Learn to read.

TomHimself
09-24-2005, 07:14 PM
hey welcome to poker

winky51
09-24-2005, 07:16 PM
I know about variance. It was just a vent thats all.

Actually playing aggressive is just another strategy. Read Harrington's book. It does work though, you gotta be really good. I think it better applies to live games. It frustrates and confuses opponents if you can do it well. I don't mean playing like them.

winky51
09-24-2005, 07:21 PM
Next time I'll make my bitching funnier. Look I really don't care what any of you think unless I ask your opinion. Like I said this is "vent" post which means don't read it if your not going to be happy with what you see. God if you don't like the post then don't write anything and it will zoom down the list away. What am I going to do reply to myself?

I know its variance, I know its annoying. Don't want to keep the frustration in so I post. Simple. That's how I deal with it. Happy?

Some people put their fist through a wall, some go eat till they puke, some go excersize, some do whatever, I do this.

TomHimself
09-24-2005, 07:25 PM
well stop doing this

Exitonly
09-24-2005, 07:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Next time I'll make my bitching funnier. Look I really don't care what any of you think unless I ask your opinion. Like I said this is "vent" post which means don't read it if your not going to be happy with what you see. God if you don't like the post then don't write anything and it will zoom down the list away. What am I going to do reply to myself?

I know its variance, I know its annoying. Don't want to keep the frustration in so I post. Simple. That's how I deal with it. Happy?

Some people put their fist through a wall, some go eat till they puke, some go excersize, some do whatever, I do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow are you serious?

Dont post bad beats here, it happens all the time.. Just because you label it 'venting' doesn't give you free reign.

Maybe if you actually were a regular poster here people wouldn't be bitching you out now.

CardSharpCook
09-24-2005, 07:26 PM
Typing "vent" does not allow you to put a bad beat post up. Noob. If you don't have a friend you can bithc to (that's what I do) then talk to your cat. Baby. But most importantly, don't ever put this crap in our forum again. Whiner.

CardSharpCook
09-24-2005, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe if you actually were a regular poster here people wouldn't be bitching you out now.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I personally enjoy this part of keeping the forum clean. I also remember a Chief post that was arguably a BBP. He got flamed. But you do bring up a point that of the 700 posts this clown has, these are the first that I've noticed.

fnurt
09-24-2005, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Like I said this is "vent" post which means don't read it if your not going to be happy with what you see.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is "you are a total jerk" response which means don't read it if you're not going to be happy getting called a jerk. Cool?

Exitonly
09-24-2005, 07:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I personally enjoy this part of keeping the forum clean. I also remember a Chief post that was arguably a BBP. He got flamed. But you do bring up a point that of the 700 posts this clown has, these are the first that I've noticed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea didn't mean to say that if you're a regular poster you have the right to post bad beats... just theres more leniency when someone like Chief does it, opposed to this dickhead that comes from whatever other forum he normally posts at to clog our board.

ansky451
09-24-2005, 07:51 PM
Flame threads are awesome.

To the OP, grow testicles.