PDA

View Full Version : Suppose you knew in advance

faustusmedea
09-24-2005, 01:44 PM
that you would be on a Final Table for a decent amount of money. You knew who the other contestants were and you knew the positions/stack sizes. The only intangible is where the button will be. Blinds are set and will go no higher.

What would be your priority of items to focus on in preparation for the event?

Fm

TomHimself
09-24-2005, 01:47 PM
take a piss and listen to some music aand eat some good food

09-24-2005, 01:58 PM
I suggest you delete this thread before you get more flames thrown at you. It's really irrelevant and there are so many other things to worry about...

...like taking a piss, figuring out what you want to eat, and what music your going to listen to.

09-24-2005, 02:17 PM
Which spinners I want to put on my ride with the money I'm gonna win. They keep falling off /images/graemlins/frown.gif

faustusmedea
09-24-2005, 02:19 PM
OK, Thanks. Since I am in this situation for a decent amount of money, I thought my 2+2 friends might be able to provide insight.

Such as: Focus on hand winning percentages against any random two, or focus in the first round on isolating one or two soft players.

When did the boards go to crap anyway?

Fm

TomHimself
09-24-2005, 02:21 PM
i dont think anyone understands what your asking, maybe thats why

faustusmedea
09-24-2005, 02:24 PM
Fair enough.

I Final Tabled the Paradise Masters III. I get to take a $7000 vacation to play poker for a $240k first prize. I have several weeks to hone certain areas of my play and am asking other poker players what they would spend their time concentrating on, thats all. I guess if I win, I can buy a bunch of spinners for my bicycle though.

Its no big deal, just looking for some outside feedback.

Fm

09-24-2005, 02:25 PM
I was just throwing in some Berko-humor /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Re-read HoH Volume 2. Get a general feel for the hand %'s. Pay attention to EVERYTHING at the table. Look and see what a player shows down, does he contest probe/continuation bets, does he fold to second barrel consistantly, does he make continuation bets, how often is he raising preflop, is he just trying to avoid confrontation and playing scared, plenty of other things to look for, just make sure you are PAYING ATTENTION TO EVERYTHING.

TomHimself
09-24-2005, 02:28 PM
Hows your chip position? I think they average the stacks and adjust the blinds accordingly no? Hopefully the blinds will allow some play if not you have to be willing to push to accumulate

I would read HOH1&2 and reread if you have already read it. I would also check out the STT forum because they have some good insights. and have some fun /images/graemlins/grin.gif, enjoy tahiti!

faustusmedea
09-24-2005, 02:34 PM
There are 3 big stacks with Ms of between 8 and 10. The rest of the table are bunched with Ms between 5 and 7. With the blinds as high as they are, it will likely start fast and there won't be a lot of time to "read" players.

Fm

revlis87
09-24-2005, 03:06 PM
open up extremely quickly and take a lot of risks - you will surprise people with your willingness to lose. when you dont ruun into a great hand and you will have a better chance to win with a big stack.

CardSharpCook
09-24-2005, 03:22 PM
Do you know the SNs of your opponents? Start secretly sweating them. Seriously, how much does it ask of you to spend 1 hour sweating each opponent. How awesome would that advantage be? Remember the movie Maverick? How he promised to lose for the 1st hour? Then after that hour he cleaned up because he figured out everyone's tells? BE MAVERICK!

CSC

A_PLUS
09-24-2005, 04:40 PM
I would play 10 million SNGs. That is what you are doing here. I would take a look at the STT forum here, and understand the math behind SNG stratgy. With the exact number of chips, and the pay outs, you can run a few hundred simulations and get a feel for how CEV translates into $EV, which is very different than at other stages of the tournament. You can also work on your short stack pushing strategy. You really can make an unbelievable difference in your SNG game in a month of serious work. With that kind of money at stake, I would be sure I would.

The sweating your opponents should eb a no brainer. I would also try to find if they post anywhere, and read everything they wrote. I know players that know my general theories from these boards, have an advantage over me at the table that others dont.

If you havent browsed the STT forum, PM me, and I can send you some posters to look for and some good archived threads to read