PDA

View Full Version : 30 big bet pot: KQs family fun at 5/10

gildwulf
09-24-2005, 01:42 PM
CO is 72/20/1, Button is 32/20/1.6

I have a feeling this will be a contentious hand. There is a strong argument for just calling pre-flop (and a weak one for folding...I'm in the BB keep in mind) and I think I would normally call here if the opponents weren't so laggy. I figure I have a small edge here or I'm slightly behind...whatever the decision to call or raise it's very, very close pre-flop.

Was I spewing on the river? The only hand I'm realistically worried about is AQ (AK should be long gone by the river) and if they stayed in that long on AQ, well, God bless them. I can't think of a hand besides AQ I should be worried about here...that's why I capped.

Flame away.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (16 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (10 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (18 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 30 BB

MoDOH
09-24-2005, 02:20 PM
Preflop I will just call, Button just doesn´t seem too laggy to me, and even if he was I prob just call OOP

Postflop looks fine and since Button is coming along for the ride I think capping this river is just fine

baronzeus
09-24-2005, 03:39 PM
i hate preflop, the rest is fine.

(i hate preflop because a) you're likely dominated and b) you don't have equity and c) you wont fold any hands you want to fold (AQ, AK))

taking initiative here is actually quite pointless, you're probably up against at least one better hand IMO. and if you are behind you are not only "slightly behind" a hand like AK-AQ, AA-QQ.

gildwulf
09-24-2005, 03:50 PM
As I said, preflop I would normally call. I'm thinking that you guys may be right though. It's probably better to just call here. Of course, I may just raise here to avoid tough decisions and to see where I'm at.

haha, just kidding.

baronzeus
09-24-2005, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I may just raise here to avoid tough decisions and to see where I'm at.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/wink.gif that made me chuckle in light of the other thread.

i love capping the river. sure, AQ owns you, but its usually a Q, and that overcaller is just dumping money.

Subfallen
09-24-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
AQ, well, God bless them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have played every street the same with A/images/graemlins/club.gifQ. Am I missing something? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

gildwulf
09-24-2005, 04:13 PM
I guess with the A of clubs it's not so bad.

baronzeus
09-24-2005, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
AQ, well, God bless them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have played every street the same with A/images/graemlins/club.gifQ. Am I missing something? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, you should fold the flop