PDA

View Full Version : JJ 10/20 blind vs blind

09-24-2005, 01:37 PM
Four handed. Folded to me in the SB where I have J/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif.

BB is the only other good player in the game. Both of us are tenacious about defending our blinds and the other three players in the game are very passive, so it's often folded to us. I'm killing him in our confrontations so far, mostly through sheer aggression. He's very tight and solid postflop, though he hasn't shown much creativity. He's been fairly easy to back down, but he's been getting more aggressive lately, often three betting my raises on the flop and turn, though I've been catching hands and remaining aggressive.

Anyways, I raise and he instantly three bets, which is unusual. Last orbit he flat called with QQ and tried to trap me. I just call.

Flop comes T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif.

I check raise and he three bets. I call.

Turn is 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif. I check call.

River is 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif. I check, he bets, I...

GTSamIAm
09-24-2005, 02:53 PM
I thought you were beaten on the flop, the river you're probably beaten. I'd probably call, though. You said he's smart, so you need to see his cards when you have an okay chance of being ahead. What about betting the flop, calling a raise and calling down after that? But if he raises the flop, checks the turn, and a spade comes on the river, you're in a real pickle.

09-24-2005, 03:01 PM
I might bet/fold this river if he hasn't shown himself to be very creative. I don't mind a turn lead either, I think it prevents him from checking behind with AK with the Ks or something similar.

Given the fact that you checked, I think your only option now is to just call the river.