PDA

View Full Version : mid-high pairs

avandelay
05-12-2003, 03:34 AM
I know it really depends on the particular sitaution but in general will you call three bets cold with 55-99?

Would you raise?

Bob T.
05-12-2003, 03:38 AM
No. Even if you have likely 6 way action, you will have reverse implied odds with these hands, because you might have to chase your two outer past the flop.

travisand
05-12-2003, 03:51 AM
I would have a hard time calling three bets cold with just about anything below Q's. It is not only the 3 bets but the very likely possibility that it is going to get capped.

eMarkM
05-12-2003, 10:50 AM
I would never call three cold with 55-99. Then again, I would almost never call three cold with any hand. I'd either reraise or fold. Since 55-99 never warrants a cap, I would fold.

There's plenty of situations where I would 3 bet the hand myself, mostly steal situations on the button or in the sb, but calling 3 bets means someone raised and another reraised, so I'm too likely to be behind another pocket pair and in the vast majority of situations will not be getting odds needed to flop a set.

Nottom
05-12-2003, 11:35 AM
Only if there are already 6+ people in the pot.

Homer
05-12-2003, 12:13 PM
I can't imagine ever raising with 55-99 when it is already 3 bets to me.

I would call with 88 and 99 if UTG raised, UTG+1 reraised and 5 players coldcalled before it got to me on the button. It would probably end up being capped 8-10 ways, which would give me around the odds I need to spike a set. My set wouldn't hold up a lot of the time with this many opponents, though, so even then I'm not sure that calling is correct.

I can't imagine this situation ever coming up in my lifetime, so in reality I guess I could say that I would never call three bets cold with 55-99.

-- Homer

lefty rosen
05-12-2003, 03:29 PM
I would only do that if I knew the two raisers are on tilt and will smash anything, otherwise no. Also it would only be 88 and 99 the rest I would never touch even if the two players were crackheads who will raise jack 2 off.....