PDA

View Full Version : Raised on the Turn. 3 bet here?

Maulik
09-24-2005, 01:11 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. UTG posts a blind of $2.
MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero completes, UTG (poster) checks.

Flop: (4 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333"> ???</font>

Do I raise here to knock out UTG or call down?

MrEngenic
09-24-2005, 01:28 PM
First off, two limpers, TT in sb = raise.
Yes, 3bet the turn, don't be afraid of the straight. You will get lots of action from lower sets and two pair.

09-24-2005, 01:32 PM
No reads, but I would definitely raise in case of UTG having a gutshot, and hoping he will incorrectly call. And in case of stronger draws, your raise will at least make him pay. Of course, if he's drawing dead, he will probably fold; a shame perhaps, but it's quite a big pot by now.

Edit:
Of course, MP1 could have the straight already, but that's another thing; in that case you still have many outs beating him on the river. But getting UTG out of the way would be nice.

KDawgCometh
09-24-2005, 01:39 PM
raise it up PF, this isn't a situation where there are a bunch of limpers and you're bloating the pot with 1010 or JJ. These limpers are MP limpers and you can possibly knock out the poster. Where is the BB in this pot btw.

Anyway, I would also three bet this turn. Utg has been coming along with us, and if we are behind, we have enough outs to fill up to where I think a three bet can work here. I think nomrally you're up against two pair here more then you're up against 68 or J8, so a three bet can also be for value

peterchi
09-24-2005, 01:55 PM
Raise pre-flop.

Definitely 3-bet this turn. I don't think you're behind. Force UTG to make a poor decision. If he folds, that's fine too. The worst thing that could happen is that you go into call-down mode and the river gets checked-through.

If MP1 is ahead, you've got lots of outs. If he's behind, he's probably drawing dead. And again, in all reality, you're probably ahead. Gotta like that situation, full speed ahead cap'n.

If MP1 caps then I'd probably bet/call the river. Otherwise I'm gonna bet/3-bet most rivers here.