PDA

View Full Version : Middle Set

PokerFink
09-24-2005, 12:52 PM
PLO100, 1/1 blinds, live. Game is loose/bad.

Hero open raises to $4 in CO with 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif. SB re-raises to $13, Hero calls.

Flop: A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (Pot: $27)
Checks around. Hero considers checking out.

Turn: T /images/graemlins/heart.gif (Pot: $27)
SB Bets pot. Hero considers suicide as a better alternative to figuring out what to do.

Do you fold this vs any opponent? Just a tight opponent?

EDIT: Hero's stack is $95, SB has Hero covered.

09-24-2005, 01:03 PM
Without any read on the SB, I fold this. I would definitely suspect SB of trying to make a check-raise on the flop with AAxx, even though technically there are only 12 scare cards (3's, 4's, and 5's), and quite frankly they aren't that scary.

I would not fold this to loose opponent, so long as I've seen him make a preflop raise without AAxx prior to this (something I always throw into the notes when it occurs)

beset7
09-24-2005, 05:16 PM
You don't provide any clear read on SB. But if he is a part of the "loose/bad" characterization of this game then folding would be a travesty and i prefer raising to calling.

edit: I just wanted to add that I think one of the differences between moderate winners and people who crush PLO games is how well they get value out of middle set.