PDA

View Full Version : Brain or Bimbo

mslif
09-24-2005, 12:32 PM
Guys, this one is for you. I recently had a debate about this.Assume you're looking for an at least semi-serious relationship with a woman. You're not just looking for an easy lay. For a relationship, would you rather have a very smart woman or a dumb bimbo?

jdl22
09-24-2005, 12:34 PM
This question is pretty absurd and the answer should be obvious. None the less I suspect the first choice will get way too many votes.

jakethebake
09-24-2005, 12:35 PM
Easily the bimbo. Who wants a less good-looking girl that just wants to debate all the time? I'll take the one that will keep her mouth shut and look good.

IggyWH
09-24-2005, 12:36 PM
This poll should only have 1 choice as the answer is obvious.

Mason Hellmuth
09-24-2005, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Average smart girl

[/ QUOTE ]
And it's not close.

Edit: The smart girl can still cook, right?

mslif
09-24-2005, 12:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Average smart girl

[/ QUOTE ]
And it's not close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes she actually knows how to use the stove /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jakethebake
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are the girls' blow job skills equal as well?

Clarkmeister
What if you rated personality/intelligence on a 1-10 scale and looks on a 1-10 scale. And you had 13 "points" to spend. How would you spend them?

touchfaith
09-24-2005, 12:40 PM
I'll take the wicked smart chick anyday.

jakethebake
[ QUOTE ]
What if you rated personality/intelligence on a 1-10 scale and looks on a 1-10 scale. And you had 13 "points" to spend. How would you spend them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good, Clarkmeister. But you can't put personality & intelligence together.

Some people like dumb/compliant as a good personality.

mslif
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you asking about me personally?

Clarkmeister
09-24-2005, 12:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have to. Lots of intelligent but irritating people and lots of personable but dumb people.

I guess we could have 3 scales, but then the value of the points becomes a little more difficult. I think the looks vs personality/intelligence is roughly equivalent, but if we had 3 categories, I think the looks points would become more "valuable". Maybe not. Sounds like a good thread if we can hammer out these ideas.

Clarkmeister
09-24-2005, 12:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you asking about me personally?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just thinking out loud.

Dominic
09-24-2005, 12:44 PM
I can teach the dumb girl things. And she'll still be hot.

jakethebake
09-24-2005, 12:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have to. Lots of intelligent but irritating people and lots of personable but dumb people.

I guess we could have 3 scales, but then the value of the points becomes a little more difficult. I think the looks vs personality/intelligence is roughly equivalent, but if we had 3 categories, I think the looks points would become more "valuable". Maybe not. Sounds like a good thread if we can hammer out these ideas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read my edit. Some people think dumb is a good personality trait. A hot compliant idiot is a good thing.

jakethebake
09-24-2005, 12:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice!

cardcounter0
09-24-2005, 12:45 PM
which one has the biggest tits?

mslif
09-24-2005, 12:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This question is pretty absurd and the answer should be obvious. None the less I suspect the first choice will get way too many votes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not too absurd if you read some of the answers given

mslif
09-24-2005, 12:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But what about having someone who actually stimulates you intellectually?

Clarkmeister
09-24-2005, 12:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Read my edit. Some people think dumb is a good personality trait. A hot compliant idiot is a good thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe just remove the personality from the system then since most obviously would never be with someone who has an intolerable personality?

jakethebake
09-24-2005, 12:53 PM
I'm betting that >half the guys that want relationships would forget that for a night if they met at the smae bar one night both a dumb 10 that wanted to [censored] them blind and a smart 5 that wanted a relationship.

touchfaith
09-24-2005, 12:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm betting that >half the guys that want relationships would forget that for a night if they met at the smae bar one night both a dumb 10 that wanted to [censored] them blind and a smart 5 that wanted a relationship.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or maybe you're just shallow.

jakethebake
09-24-2005, 01:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or maybe you're just shallow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe but at least I'll be sleeping with a hot girl, not being nagged by the smart one for eternity.

miajag81
09-24-2005, 01:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Easily the bimbo. Who wants a less good-looking girl that just wants to debate all the time? I'll take the one that will keep her mouth shut and look good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think of a bimbo as more likely to be constantly talking (and constantly talking about stupid nonsense) than a smart chick.

jakethebake
09-24-2005, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think of a bimbo as more likely to be constantly talking (and constantly talking about stupid nonsense) than a smart chick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe. I was thinking the compliant variety of bimbo. Just tell her to shut up. I don't need a girl that will actually win arguments.

Clarkmeister
09-24-2005, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe. I was thinking the compliant variety of bimbo. Just tell her to shut up. I don't need a girl that will actually win arguments.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many bimbos have you been with? They do tend towards highly irritating.

jakethebake
09-24-2005, 01:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well just don't keep them around long ewnough for that.

Clarkmeister
09-24-2005, 01:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well just don't keep them around long ewnough for that.

[/ QUOTE ]

This all sounds like theory.

jakethebake
09-24-2005, 01:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This all sounds like theory.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing about the other side of this argument. In theory, you find a smart girl that really shallenges you intellectually and fulfills you. blah blah blah

tdarko
09-24-2005, 01:14 PM
i think the answer depends on how smart you are.

Dave G.
09-24-2005, 01:27 PM
I need some kind of intellectual stimulation if we're talking about a relationship. I can't see myself being fulfilled by someone whose idea of a great conversation is her babbling on about how her new nail polish matches her bag so well. She doesn't have to be a rocket scientist, but I really can't see myself comitting anything even remotely serious towards someone who I must constantly explain things that are trivial from my perspective.

Dave G.
09-24-2005, 01:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bah. Can I have more points please? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I'd go with 7 personality/intelligence and 6 looks.

MrWookie47
09-24-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe just remove the personality from the system then since most obviously would never be with someone who has an intolerable personality?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno. I think that dumb chicks tend to be more likely to have irritating personalities. They very often talk too much, and even if you can convince them to be quiet, too often they'll pipe in with something that just wants to make you hang your head and cry.

What about a scale that might be looks from 1-10 and redefine the intelligence/personality scale to "how well you two interact socially/intellectually." On that scale, 1 is someone who constantly annoys you, 5-6 is someone you just don't interact with much, and 10 is brilliant, bright, and witty.

09-24-2005, 01:50 PM
stimulate me intelectually????

Clarkmeister's avatar is stimulating me right now!

Pirc Defense
09-24-2005, 02:00 PM
My fantasy through high school and college was to date the editor of the Harvard Law Review (provided it was a she, mind you).

I chose option two.

mslif
09-24-2005, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My fantasy through high school and college was to date the editor of the Harvard Law Review (provided it was a she, mind you).

I chose option two.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/heart.gif

asofel
09-24-2005, 02:17 PM
I'll take both /images/graemlins/grin.gif

But to answer the questiron, I can't imagine having a relationship with someone who didn't stimulate me intellectually.

GuyOnTilt
09-24-2005, 02:19 PM
Definitely average and smart. I've only met one girl in my whole life that I've gotten along well with, been attracted to, and have been able to relate to on an intellectual level. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

GoT

Clarkmeister
09-24-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Definitely average and smart. I've only met one girl in my whole life that I've gotten along well with, been attracted to, and have been able to relate to on an intellectual level. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Arwen?

GuyOnTilt
09-24-2005, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Arwen?

[/ QUOTE ]

Engrish?

GoT

09-24-2005, 02:46 PM
Hot dumb bimbo all the way. Given the choice with the two girls standing besides each other, you know im right.

ChipWrecked
09-24-2005, 02:53 PM
Please don't feel badly because some jerk passed on you because he was threatened by your brains.

We /images/graemlins/heart.gif you.

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

GuyOnTilt
09-24-2005, 02:54 PM
A lot of people call me Bright and I still think of you as myself everytime I see your posts.

GoT

mslif
09-24-2005, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Please don't feel badly because some jerk passed on you because he was threatened by your brains.

We /images/graemlins/heart.gif you.

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks /images/graemlins/heart.gif Apparently getting a master's degree in cellular biology is not hot /images/graemlins/frown.gif . Maybe I should start giggling at everything a guy says and matching my nail polish to my purse

jakethebake
09-24-2005, 03:11 PM
/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Stuey
09-24-2005, 03:17 PM
She can be dumb and ugly.

The important part is if she is nice and happy.

I am so sick of trying to make women happy and I have only meet maybe 5 that would not stab you in the back if they can get away with it. This is not because women are evil it is because I prefer evil women subconsciously they be crazy fun but cause big troubles. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I am being very stereotypical I know that. But I really think men in general are much more happy. However men and women are equally deceitful. And it is very rare to find people who are truly nice. I'm not near as nice as I wish I was but it is from getting screwed over by others in the first place.

If your single MSLIF I would put up with you being so hot and smart but I would only do it as I know you are truly nice and happy and just being near you would make me a better person.

<font color="white"> Lines went out in the 80's now you need a whole paragraph women are getting smarter. yesh </font>

PITTM
09-24-2005, 03:22 PM
average smart girl and its not even close. i was dating a sorority girl for the past 2 weeks and it was fairly torturous. however, there is a big difference between "smart" and "has personality". there have been a few times where ive met girls and we could just talk forever and they wouldnt say stupid things. which is fairly miraculous for a girl. i would give more weight to a sort of person to person interaction statistic than i would to a "smartness" statistic. but yeah, me and that girl stopped dating yesterday, so im kind of in a bitter mood in regards to females for the next few days.

rj

MelchyBeau
09-24-2005, 03:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

thanks Apparently getting a master's degree in cellular biology is not hot . Maybe I should start giggling at everything a guy says and matching my nail polish to my purse

[/ QUOTE ]

Niether is having a BS in Physics or getting a Masters in Math. Maybe I should get a tribal tatoo, wear a popped collar, and only tuck in my shirt around my beltbuckle.

Melch

PITTM
09-24-2005, 03:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

relate to on an intellectual level? was it peachy? /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

rj

PITTM
09-24-2005, 03:25 PM
wait, mslif is a girl?

rj

mslif
09-24-2005, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

thanks Apparently getting a master's degree in cellular biology is not hot . Maybe I should start giggling at everything a guy says and matching my nail polish to my purse

[/ QUOTE ]

Niether is having a BS in Physics or getting a Masters in Math. Maybe I should get a tribal tatoo, wear a popped collar, and only tuck in my shirt around my beltbuckle.

Melch

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe we should hang out /images/graemlins/grin.gif

mslif
09-24-2005, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If your single MSLIF I would put up with you being so hot and smart but I would only do it as I know you are truly nice and happy and just being near you would make me a better person.

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW /images/graemlins/blush.gif

KDawgCometh
09-24-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Arwen?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think it was eowyn

sorry, couldn't resist /images/graemlins/grin.gif

jakethebake
09-24-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I am so sick of trying to make women happy...

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been playing devil's advocate up to this. This part of it I agree with.

I'm fairly sick of this as well. Things always feel one sided. Why do so many women feel like it's the man's job to make them happy? They don't want to actually tell someone what the hell they want. They expect you just know. It's also annoying when they won't tell you what's wrong, or even that something is. You just ahve to sort of sense it and figure it out and either fix it with no input, or let them go. It's especially frustrating when you feel like you could give them something they need or want, but they don't see it and seem to look for it everywhere else (and no i'm not talking about dick) w/o even considering you could.

09-24-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A lot of people call me Bright and I still think of you as myself everytime I see your posts.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

I think of you when your jerking off

xorbie
09-24-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bah. Can I have more points please? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I'd go with 7 personality/intelligence and 6 looks.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds about right.

Los Feliz Slim
09-24-2005, 04:20 PM
Unless we're talking about the utter extremes, every woman is beautiful in some way and smart in some way. For the not-typically attractive, maybe it's a smile or a laugh or the eyes or whatever. Similarly, I have known many women who aren't "book smart" who have a great sense of humor or have good perspective on people who are less fortunate than themselves, etc etc etc. My point is that there are way too many intangibles to choose based on these criteria.

09-24-2005, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Unless we're talking about the utter extremes, every woman is beautiful in some way and smart in some way.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is incorrect. Do you see why?

jakethebake
09-24-2005, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Unless we're talking about the utter extremes, every woman is beautiful in some way and smart in some way.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No it's correct. Half the women that get ripped in here I look at and think "nice tits" or "cute nose" or something. Fujny how I look foir the bestv in women but not men. It always gets me [censored] too. And by [censored] i don't mean laid.

09-24-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

09-24-2005, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Melch

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/mad.gif

theben
09-24-2005, 07:18 PM
a smart 5 or a dumb 8+?

i take the 8

theben
09-24-2005, 07:19 PM
7 looks, 6 intelligence

mslif
09-24-2005, 07:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Melch

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

YSSCKY

StevieG
09-24-2005, 07:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Right on. And the smart ones are observant enough to know what buttons to push in bed.

That does mean they also know what buttons to push in an argument, but all told I'll take the smart ones.

MelchyBeau
09-24-2005, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

Quote:

Melch

Maybe we should hang out

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I know you just want me for my PDE knowledge.

Melch

BradleyT
09-24-2005, 07:31 PM
Jessica Simpson is a perfect example of a dumb bimbo that everyone who answered the poll would take over an average smart girl.

mslif
09-24-2005, 07:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

Quote:

Melch

Maybe we should hang out

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I know you just want me for my PDE knowledge.

Melch

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif

miajag81
09-24-2005, 07:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Jessica Simpson is a perfect example of a dumb bimbo that everyone who answered the poll would take over an average smart girl.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but it's been established that it would be because of her wealth and fame, not just her looks.

BradleyT
09-24-2005, 07:35 PM
Well personally I don't like her but she seems to do well in the Ms. OOT contests - is that because of her wealth and fame or her looks?

STLantny
09-24-2005, 07:38 PM
Ill take the hot chick every time. Ill also take the girl who knows she is hot and lets everyone know, over the girl who is smart and lets everyone know. *ahem* And yes, if jessica was poor, and not famous, every guy would take her over a smart chick, imo.

theben
09-24-2005, 07:41 PM
having wealth and fame makes her all the better

Dave G.
09-24-2005, 07:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bzzzt. Not me, nice generalisation though. I don't get the big deal with her, she is very ordinary. But then I'm not usually physically attracted to white chicks, so that might just me be. Either way, you lose.

Brain
09-24-2005, 07:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I thought this thread was about me and I was pissed that I wasn't being considered for the part of bimbo. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

scotty34
09-24-2005, 07:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would go 8/5. Although I don't know if that really applies in OOT. You would expect 5 should be average intelligence as it is in the middle, but looking at what constitutes an 8 rating for looks here, 5 is probably pretty damn stupid.

kerssens
09-24-2005, 07:52 PM
Why would someone want a relationship with someone dumb?

STLantny
09-24-2005, 07:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its easier to trick her into SIIHP

kerssens
09-24-2005, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its easier to trick her into SIIHP

[/ QUOTE ]

Trick? In a relationship?

Dominic
09-25-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what? I've found any girl who does that just likes to argue. I'm 42. I've had my share of "hot girls" and my share of "intellectually stimulating" girls.

I like teaching and showing a girl new things she hasn't experienced before - travel, film, restaurants, etc.

If I want stimulating conversation, I'll talk to my friends, go online, turn on C-SPAN. What I want from my girlfriend is companionship, love and attention, laughter, and lots and lots of sex. I don't need to argue with her. I don't need to have "stimulating, intellectual conversation" with her.

It's not insecurity, it's not a lack of "depth." It's sheer exhaustion. Period. I'm tired of arguing about every little thing.

As long as she's not a blithering idiot, as long as she's open to experiencing new things and trying new experiences - and be graetful to me for showing them to her - I'm happy.

That's why I go with the "hot chick."

ChipWrecked
09-25-2005, 07:24 PM
Personally I would find all that 'teaching' exhausting. But to each his own. I would never presume to judge a dude who has boned Jenna.

mslif
09-25-2005, 07:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what? I've found any girl who does that just likes to argue. I'm 42. I've had my share of "hot girls" and my share of "intellectually stimulating" girls.

I like teaching and showing a girl new things she hasn't experienced before - travel, film, restaurants, etc.

If I want stimulating conversation, I'll talk to my friends, go online, turn on C-SPAN. What I want from my girlfriend is companionship, love and attention, laughter, and lots and lots of sex. I don't need to argue with her. I don't need to have "stimulating, intellectual conversation" with her.

It's not insecurity, it's not a lack of "depth." It's sheer exhaustion. Period. I'm tired of arguing about every little thing.

As long as she's not a blithering idiot, as long as she's open to experiencing new things and trying new experiences - and be graetful to me for showing them to her - I'm happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not think that smart necessarly implies agumentative. I am certain that you have experienced a lot (more than most on this forum) and I really appreciate your explanation.
Thank you /images/graemlins/heart.gif

STLantny
09-25-2005, 07:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What Dom said.

Blarg
09-25-2005, 09:05 PM
Is it fair to define how smart they are by how much they like you?

RacersEdge
09-25-2005, 09:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good proposition.

8/5 Looks/brains

jakethebake
09-25-2005, 09:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a very good post.

Blarg
09-25-2005, 09:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I need some kind of intellectual stimulation if we're talking about a relationship. I can't see myself being fulfilled by someone whose idea of a great conversation is her babbling on about how her new nail polish matches her bag so well. She doesn't have to be a rocket scientist, but I really can't see myself comitting anything even remotely serious towards someone who I must constantly explain things that are trivial from my perspective.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spending time with someone who is no fun to talk to is torture. Even your silences are miserable. If they're no fun to talk to, they're no fun at all. I start to feel weird if a woman is the type I know will never read a book, or if she does, it will be a very stupid one that makes her even dumber for having read it. They don't have to be especially well learned politically at all, but they should be able to talk about a good portion of what's in the newspaper most of the time without being bowled over or completely clueless. One whose idea of knowing what's going on in the world is being familiar with the fall fashion line-up or who's dating who according to the latest People magazine is a nightmare to me.

Someone who is fun and interesting to talk to can make everything fun, including doing nothing at all. They themselves are the fun, and they add extra layers of fun to everything they're involved with. Usually I have to turn to guy friends for this, but being with a smart woman is like hitting the jackpot.

Some women just try to do anything to get along with guys, agreeing with everything they say, and they're as annoying in their way as the bitchy ones who find there's nothing in life not worth complaining about. I need a personality.

When asked what kind of woman I'd like by friends, I usually say one of two stock answers.

First, One who will tell me to shut the hell up. Just joking, but I like a woman with her own mind and her own opinions and tastes -- who has actually THOUGHT about something enough to have an opinion, and will doubtlessly continue to do so. And who's straightforward about it. A woman who keeps things submerged forever until she finally explodes like a lunatic over some tiny thing is way worse than one who will "man up" and just say here's what I think, and if there's a problem, let's deal with it now before it gets out of hand. I don't like people who are ticking time bombs, building up resentment silently until they can score some major drama thrills, and sure don't want to hold one close.

The other is, someone who, if given the choice between me and chocolate, would ... hesitate. Just a joke, really. But everyone likes a really good rapport. Most of us will settle for a hell of a lot less. But if we're talking about what we would really like, I'll go with someone who really, really wants to be there. If they don't, it can be a bit of a disappointment, but that's cool, and I want to find it out as early as possible. That's how things are sometimes. And instead of hanging around suffering or trying to muddle through, they should beat it ASAP so we can both start over.

Blarg
09-25-2005, 09:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

relate to on an intellectual level? was it peachy? /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa, that was brutal! LOL. You could be banned.

spamuell
09-25-2005, 10:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

a) Awesome.
b) Wow it was by Blarg... and it was only one line! Awesome.
c) Adopting words of exclamation used on 2+2 has massively limited my vocabulary. The only reason I can speak at all is probably because I realise that saying "awesome" in an English accent just sounds ridiculous, even though I feel fine typing it.

Blarg
09-25-2005, 10:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No it's correct. Half the women that get ripped in here I look at and think "nice tits" or "cute nose" or something. Fujny how I look foir the bestv in women but not men. It always gets me [censored] too. And by [censored] i don't mean laid.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you mean, but essentially all the women whose pictures get posted here are beautiful actresses and models. It's not hard to see something beautiful in their looks.

I do find some women have beautiful things about them who are not beautiful, though. I don't mean in the mind, that's a separate subject. But seriously, sometimes I'm mesmerized by how angelic a woman's hands look, or think, wow, she's got a perfect nose. Or her hair looks great, or she carries a lot of warmth, intelligence, or personality in her eyes. Or even that she moves with an incredibly feminine grace. That can sometimes stop me dead. Maybe it's my martial arts background, I don't know, but sometimes I'm very aware of how smooth movement is, and sometimes a woman can be doing almost any arbitrary thing, like loading bottles of spaghetti sauce into her cart at the supermarket, and seem unutterably beautiful doing it. Even if nobody else would look at her and notice or say she was hot stuff. I can't even count how many times women I didn't think of as too pretty at first later seemed very close to, or actually, beautiful to me.

mslif
09-25-2005, 10:10 PM
Thanks for your input, I enjoyed reading your post. /images/graemlins/heart.gif

jakethebake
09-25-2005, 10:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know what you mean, but essentially all the women whose pictures get posted here are beautiful actresses and models. It's not hard to see something beautiful in their looks.

I do find some women have beautiful things about them who are not beautiful, though. I don't mean in the mind, that's a separate subject. But seriously, sometimes I'm mesmerized by how angelic a woman's hands look, or think, wow, she's got a perfect nose. Or her hair looks great, or she carries a lot of warmth, intelligence, or personality in her eyes. Or even that she moves with an incredibly feminine grace. That can sometimes stop me dead. Maybe it's my martial arts background, I don't know, but sometimes I'm very aware of how smooth movement is, and sometimes a woman can be doing almost any arbitrary thing, like loading bottles of spaghetti sauce into her cart at the supermarket, and seem unutterably beautiful doing it. Even if nobody else would look at her and notice or say she was hot stuff. I can't count even how many times women I didn't think of as too pretty at first later seemed very close to or actually beautiful to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

No mine was just an example. I wasn't necessarily referring to 00T pics. I was referring to women in general. I agree, and tend to look at them that way as well.

Blarg
09-25-2005, 10:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I am so sick of trying to make women happy...

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been playing devil's advocate up to this. This part of it I agree with.

I'm fairly sick of this as well. Things always feel one sided. Why do so many women feel like it's the man's job to make them happy? They don't want to actually tell someone what the hell they want. They expect you just know. It's also annoying when they won't tell you what's wrong, or even that something is. You just ahve to sort of sense it and figure it out and either fix it with no input, or let them go. It's especially frustrating when you feel like you could give them something they need or want, but they don't see it and seem to look for it everywhere else (and no i'm not talking about dick) w/o even considering you could.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think there's a guy in the world who can't identify with you on this one.

mslif
09-25-2005, 10:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I do find some women have beautiful things about them who are not beautiful, though. I don't mean in the mind, that's a separate subject. But seriously, sometimes I'm mesmerized by how angelic a woman's hands look, or think, wow, she's got a perfect nose. Or her hair looks great, or she carries a lot of warmth, intelligence, or personality in her eyes. Or even that she moves with an incredibly feminine grace. That can sometimes stop me dead. Maybe it's my martial arts background, I don't know, but sometimes I'm very aware of how smooth movement is, and sometimes a woman can be doing almost any arbitrary thing, like loading bottles of spaghetti sauce into her cart at the supermarket, and seem unutterably beautiful doing it. Even if nobody else would look at her and notice or say she was hot stuff. I can't even count how many times women I didn't think of as too pretty at first later seemed very close to, or actually, beautiful to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow... Are you planing on visiting Denver anytime soon? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

touchfaith
09-25-2005, 10:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow... Are you planing on visiting Denver anytime soon? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

He's about the only one that makes long posts that I actually make a point to read...

Seems like he can bust out 3 paragraphs on any subject and they're usually good.

jakethebake
09-25-2005, 11:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think there's a guy in the world who can't identify with you on this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea. But i don't get any credit for my eloquence the way you do for yours. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

touchfaith
09-25-2005, 11:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea. But i don't get any credit for my eloquence the way you do for yours. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

you're such a [censored] loser.

jakethebake
09-25-2005, 11:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
*** You are ignoring this user ***

[/ QUOTE ]

You can stop respnding to me anytime ThinMan, unless it just makes you feel good to write stuff for everyone else to read.

touchfaith
09-25-2005, 11:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
*** You are ignoring this user ***

[/ QUOTE ]

You can stop respnding to me anytime ThinMan, unless it just makes you feel good to write stuff for everyone else to read.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, you read/reply to every post. Ignore all you want, we both know you will hit 'quote' to find out what I said...

You need a life.

09-25-2005, 11:59 PM
why so mean??

touchfaith
09-26-2005, 12:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
why so mean??

[/ QUOTE ]

?? this is my nice side. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

jakethebake
09-26-2005, 12:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
why so mean??

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you for not quoting so i didn't have to read what he said. /images/graemlins/heart.gif

MyTurn2Raise
09-26-2005, 12:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
They don't have to be especially well learned politically at all, but they should be able to talk about a good portion of what's in the newspaper most of the time without being bowled over or completely clueless. One whose idea of knowing what's going on in the world is being familiar with the fall fashion line-up or who's dating who according to the latest People magazine is a nightmare to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

yet you spend your time on OOT

tolbiny
09-26-2005, 12:04 AM
there is a serious difference between an 10, and a "hot" girl. Given the total number of times I am likely to be able to nail a real 10 (not just 5 two's in the same night) thats a different situation. If you are talking about a 7.5-8.5 as being hot, and depending on what i consider to be "average looking" changes a lot of this.

Blarg
09-26-2005, 12:11 AM
I get just as much flack for it. Katyseagull just said being with me would be torture. It's the nail that sticks up that gets hammered. Count yourself lucky.

mslif
09-26-2005, 12:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I get just as much flack for it. Katyseagull just said being with me would be torture. It's the nail that sticks up that gets hammered. Count yourself lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/frown.gif I guess my opinion does not count

Blarg
09-26-2005, 12:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They don't have to be especially well learned politically at all, but they should be able to talk about a good portion of what's in the newspaper most of the time without being bowled over or completely clueless. One whose idea of knowing what's going on in the world is being familiar with the fall fashion line-up or who's dating who according to the latest People magazine is a nightmare to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

yet you spend your time on OOT

[/ QUOTE ]

But I don't consider it dating. Most people on 2+2 are dudes, and I like the less vapid among them more, too.

Blarg
09-26-2005, 12:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The opinion of someone who says something nice counts at least triple. /images/graemlins/smile.gif And is always appreciated.

mslif
09-26-2005, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The opinion of someone who says something nice counts at least triple. /images/graemlins/smile.gif And is always appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/heart.gif

bdohaney
09-26-2005, 02:47 AM
Brain, for sure. Dumb women (and people) piss me off. Take... Jessica Simpson, for example. She is so stupid that I cannot find her attractive. It is like she is devoid of thought.

The Truth
09-26-2005, 03:36 AM
"Assume you're looking for an at least semi-serious relationship with a woman."

Wait wait, with a woman?

-blake

The Truth
09-26-2005, 03:37 AM
"You're not just looking for an easy lay."

There is where your logic went all wrong.

-blake

MarkL444
09-26-2005, 03:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

8 pers / 5 int

you really have to be intelligent to have a good personality though. i think its very unlikely for a chick to be 10/3 here.

Joseph Busti
09-26-2005, 03:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would purchase 7 points for looks and 6 points for personality/intelligence.

Blarg
09-26-2005, 03:56 AM
Hard to say what I would choose. There's no point in being a brilliant bitz nor a wonderful idiot.

I disagree that you have to be really intelligent to have a great personality, though, but do think it helps a hell of a lot. Smart people at least have the potential to make the best of everything and understand the importance of treating people well. It's easier to be thoughtless and selfish if you're dumb. Unfortunately, potential means jack; you have to choose to use your potential.

I've known some women very well who were absolutely adorable personality wise, who practically had the brains of a chicken.

Stuey
09-26-2005, 05:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But no one gets to choose. I have a guy friend who is in a chair and lost an arm and a leg. He was and still is a great guy. He does not get very good looking girls now, at least that is what he tells me. I think he still does fine. And he still only wants good looking ones which I find weird.

Because just by knowing him I would be willing to date a chick who was horrifically ugly if I got to know her and found her to be even halve way nice and of course happy! Those two are big with me. I like being around happy people. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I'm taking 10 personality/intelligence and saving the 3 incase I get dumb again. It can happen trust me!

whiskeytown
09-26-2005, 06:41 AM
I have a surprising amount of awe at the honesty of our 2+2er's - I really thought it'd be almost 50/50 - but it's much better then I thought it would be...

rb