PDA

View Full Version : PL200 6max - AAxx turn decision

ipp147
09-24-2005, 12:23 PM
Oppo in this hand seems decent - I've seen him multitable these levels and he seems to be succesful in the small amount I have seen him. He's decent and aggressive.

Effective stacks are around $160

I raise UTG T /images/graemlins/club.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif

Villain calls in the BB.
Flop 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet pot villain calls.

Turn 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Villain checks. I bet pot - villain checkraises all in.

Easy fold? Check turn?

BluffTHIS!
09-24-2005, 12:36 PM
A decent player here either has a very good draw or is slowplaying a set/top2. You have only an overpair and just picked up a nut flush draw. I would have checked the turn to avoid what happened so as not to give him a chance to run you off or induce you to make a bad odds call. Plus if he is slowplaying a set then you are giving up bluffing rights if the flush/straight draw you don't have gets there when you get allin on the turn.

beset7
09-24-2005, 04:00 PM
I check behind on the turn here as well. When he calls your flop bet that shows a lot of strength. You've picked up a good draw to go along with your overpair + top pair. A lot of aggro players like to wait till the turn to push their draws, so you could very well be looking at some combination of straight and flush draws. I'd expect to be bet into on the flop with a set more often then not. But, when he calls the flop I think your FE is just about toast on the turn and I'm taking that lovely little free card and hoping to stack him on a favorable river. Plus, if an obvious blank that completes no draws comes on the river and he leads weak you are in a good spot to steal if the money odds are favorable.