PDA

View Full Version : Villain bluffs on the river?

Kyriefurro
09-24-2005, 12:01 PM
Ugh! Can't find a hand converter for Prima hh.

Only had about 20 hands on villain when this one took place. Only read I'd noticed so far is he was playing almost every single hand, and going to the river on over half of them.

Villain is UTG w/ $183
Hero is CO w/ $225

Hero is dealt A /images/graemlins/club.gif,K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Preflop: Villain calls, MP folds, Hero <font color="red"> raises</font> to $5, SB folds, BB folds, Villain calls.

Flop: ($11.50) 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif,7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif,8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">($2 players)</font>
Villain checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($11.50) 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue"> (2 players)</font>
Villain checks, Hero checks.

<font color="green"> No player in their right mind would let this pot get checked through twice if they had any part of that board. It's just begging to be stolen. </font>

River: ($11.50) K /images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue"> (2 players)
</font> Villain checks, Hero bets $11, Villain check-raises to $55, Hero......??

<font color="green"> A simple raise I could understand, but an overbet this large?? Villains move just screams bluff to me - probably with a weak K. </font>

Anyone else call this?

PokerFink
09-24-2005, 01:13 PM
This is one of those situations where I ask myself:

"Did villian outplay me? Does villian know I have AK, that I hit that card, and that I will pay him off? Why did he bet so much? It looks like he outplayed me."

And then I remember that my opponents are all morons who are incapable of making a good read and a good bet.

I call, and they show me Q-high.

Kyriefurro
09-24-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And then I remember that my opponents are all morons who are incapable of making a good read and a good bet.

I call, and they show me Q-high.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad someone else agreed with me. Makes me feel better after the fool showed me 78 for the boat.

For what it's worth, I'm still scratching my head over this one as I watch it play out on PT this morning. Oh well lol.

PokerFink
09-24-2005, 03:55 PM
Case in point...

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif. MP posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls $1, MP (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $5</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls $4, MP folds.

Flop: ($12.50) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($12.50) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $1</font>, Hero calls $1.

River: ($14.50) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $9</font>, Hero calls $9.

Final Pot: $32.50

Results:
UTG has Ac 8d (high card, ace).
Hero has Ks Qc (one pair, kings).
Outcome: Hero wins $32.50.