PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself

Cactus Jack
09-24-2005, 11:37 AM
I haven't seen anyone else do this, but for the regulars of a forum it helps to know who the newbs are.

I've been playing online for over a year. Made good money with limits, took a break (forced), and came back playing NL ring games. (Not good at them, alas, and care less for them than FL.) Came back to playing SNGs again, and found some success.

I play 11s and 22s on FT, Bodog, and as hard it is to believe, I'm on a real hot streak when I occasionally play PS. I recently posted a question about you all's feelings about playing the 800 starting chips on Party. (Hate it, personally.)

I'm working on my journeyman poker player certificate. I'm better than a fish, but still make fish mistakes that make me wanna puke. I usually cruise to one or two off the bubble, mostly finding it pretty easy to get there. 50/50 for making the money--anecdotal not statistical. (Not enough volume yet.) Once I get ITM, I tend to shine, if I must say so myself. (At these limits, it's fairly easy to be good HU, because most likely your against somebody with less experience.)

I've been a member of another forum for over a year, have been in and out of 2+2 for about the same time, doing a LOT of reading here. My game has lept forward in the past three weeks because of my reading here. Much obliged.

I will contribute when I feel I have something, and hope that everyone will play back at me when I'm wrong. My philosophy is I learn only from what I do wrong. (16 years online: I'm flameproof.)

Thanks.

CJ

09-24-2005, 12:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My game has lept forward in the past three weeks because of my reading here.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's an awfully small sample size.

swiftrhett
09-24-2005, 12:03 PM
Please label this and all future off topic posts as OT.

09-24-2005, 12:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Please label this and all future off topic posts as OT

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's quite clear that what this post is regarding. How talking about one table tournies is OT is beyond me.

Cactus Jack
09-24-2005, 12:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What three weeks? Depends upon how much reading one does in that three weeks, and how much playing, doesn't it?

CJ

Cactus Jack
09-24-2005, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your reply is off topic. Plus, if you need someone to put OT on a topic clearly labled as an Introduction because you can't figure out it's OT, you got problems, kid.

68 posts and your already a hall monitor? You pushed my KK with A2 in EP yesterday, didn't you?

CJ

EDIT: /images/graemlins/wink.gif

applejuicekid
09-24-2005, 12:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a joke? If not, why can't his game have lept forward in 3 weeks? What sample size is needed when it comes to learning and reading?

applejuicekid
09-24-2005, 12:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not off topic. Whats wrong with you people? A guy makes a friendly post introducing himself to the forum and the first two replies bash him for doing so. While his post my not be high on content, did you need an OT in the title to know he wasn't going to be talking about bubble play?

Manque
09-24-2005, 03:52 PM
Let's make it on topic then. Whenever I get into the situation of introducing myself I generally push.

splashpot
09-24-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your reply is off topic. Plus, if you need someone to put OT on a topic clearly labled as an Introduction because you can't figure out it's OT, you got problems, kid.

68 posts and your already a hall monitor? You pushed my KK with A2 in EP yesterday, didn't you?

CJ

EDIT: /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
pwned

Degen
09-24-2005, 04:28 PM
welcome

it would be cool if everybody did this-sorta like letting us check your poker resume

Cactus Jack
09-24-2005, 06:52 PM
Thanks. It's always the vets that understand these things.

I figure I need to have someone tell me I'm stupid besides those at the tables who question my preferences and suggest I do things that are illegal in seven Southern states. By letting you guys in on where I'm at and where I'm coming from, you'll know I'm a silly sophomore who thinks he knows more than he really does, but not a freshman who can't find the chow hall. This lets you skip a month trying to figure it out. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm also turning 50 on Monday, so I'm not 16 and typing one handed. :lol:

Best wishes, and thanks for the welcome.

CJ

TheNoodleMan
09-25-2005, 12:42 AM
i turn 27 on tuesday, but i'm still typing one handed /images/graemlins/blush.gif
how much longer does this usually last?

pooh74
09-25-2005, 12:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dork

pooh74
09-25-2005, 12:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I haven't seen anyone else do this, but for the regulars of a forum it helps to know who the newbs are.

I've been playing online for over a year. Made good money with limits, took a break (forced), and came back playing NL ring games. (Not good at them, alas, and care less for them than FL.) Came back to playing SNGs again, and found some success.

I play 11s and 22s on FT, Bodog, and as hard it is to believe, I'm on a real hot streak when I occasionally play PS. I recently posted a question about you all's feelings about playing the 800 starting chips on Party. (Hate it, personally.)

I'm working on my journeyman poker player certificate. I'm better than a fish, but still make fish mistakes that make me wanna puke. I usually cruise to one or two off the bubble, mostly finding it pretty easy to get there. 50/50 for making the money--anecdotal not statistical. (Not enough volume yet.) Once I get ITM, I tend to shine, if I must say so myself. (At these limits, it's fairly easy to be good HU, because most likely your against somebody with less experience.)

I've been a member of another forum for over a year, have been in and out of 2+2 for about the same time, doing a LOT of reading here. My game has lept forward in the past three weeks because of my reading here. Much obliged.

I will contribute when I feel I have something, and hope that everyone will play back at me when I'm wrong. My philosophy is I learn only from what I do wrong. (16 years online: I'm flameproof.)

Thanks.

CJ

[/ QUOTE ]

welcome aboard...good "first" post. Mine was more like "I like SNGs, theyv are goot. I like pker, I eat chips sometimes."

Chaostracize
09-25-2005, 01:12 AM
Haha.