PDA

View Full Version : Bad River Raise???

M0n3y0nf1r3
09-24-2005, 05:44 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

VILLAN: 64.1/16.9/3.13 After 142 hands

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
4 folds</font>, CO calls, 1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero raises</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Standard.

Flop: (6 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif ](3 players)</font>
]SB bets</font>, Hero raises</font>, CO folds, ]SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

I didnt cap here because Im going to evaluate the turn and raise appropriatly.
Im also puttin him on a 2 pair or K + Bad kick or T-Q9

Turn: (6 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 players)</font>
SB bets</font>, Hero raises</font>, SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

I for sure know im behind ... I put him on 2 pair

River: (12 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 players)</font>
SB bets</font>, Hero raises</font>, SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

COUNTERFEIT!?!?!?!

Final Pot: 18 BB
This wasnt the best play probably but im just wondering.I understand the principle that they would normally fold w/ a bluff and reraise w/ a better hand but i put him on calling w/ a worse hand. My river call was due to the large pot(10:1). Critics are welcome! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif
-Andrew

GoblinMason (Craig)
09-24-2005, 06:08 AM
Well, he stats make him seem almost maniacal, and probably is. Calling the 3bet on the flop and raising the turn is fine. I might even cap the turn and call the river against some players or mabe even go further against the nuttiest ones.

The river raise is certainly not as bad as you're making it out to be because you lost the hand. I think I even like it, depending if this guy is a maniac or not. You put him on a hand which likely got counterfeited if he wasn't behind already. Reads beyond beyond stats are helpful and something you should consider often.

-Craig