PDA

View Full Version : Getting all in with the worst of it

octop
09-24-2005, 04:41 AM
I have been a winning NL player for about 10 months and have worked my way up to 2/4 (400 max) no limit where i play primarily online (about half 2/4 and half 1/2)
This is not a bad beat post this is an I suck lately post
I play tightly preflop but am very agressive post flop
I play my sets, trips fastly most of the time especially with any type of draws out there, but Ill play a monster draw on the same board the same way.
Lately I have been getting my money into big pots with 30-35% equity which is costly.

For example the last 8 times Ive reraised all in with tp and a flush draw I was against a set, 3 of the last 4 oesfd have been against sets and my sets have been getting pumbled to flopped straights and flushes and all of the sudden freaken oversets.Ten minutes ago i played king 9 suited on the button and the flop came 10 j q. The cutoff limped in with ak. There was a maniac who went all in 9 times out of 30 flops and he did it when I had red aces on an all diamond flop and he had flopped the flush.Its sicken watching 2 retards get all in on a j 10 ace flop with ace 8 and ace 4 only to have jj on that flop 5 minutes later to see somebody has kq.
Is this just shitty luck (flopping second best hands a lot) or am I doing something wrong? I truly can not remeber a string this long of getting my money into huge pots with the worst of it.

dibbs
09-24-2005, 05:24 AM
I've been interested in what I call "bad dubs" for a long time, that is, nailing good hands against really good hands. When I suffer prolonged periods of bad beats where I got my money in as the favorite, I dont care and I'm happy. But when I have a night where I got a lot of money in as a dog against really big or improbable hands, I start to question myself.

I think the best thing to do is just post hands and view them in a vacuum. if through discussion you realize you could have saved some money, remember the hand and don't do it again. If it's the consensus that you played the hand fine, don't worry about it, and realize that sometimes lots of these pots will happen in a row.