PDA

View Full Version : Contest Winners are Screwy

Dynasty
09-24-2005, 04:31 AM
I've done two OOT contests. Shant and TBag each won new screen name colors for a week. And, neither of them started a single thread in OOT.

What's the point of getting a new screen name color if you're not going to start threads and show it off?

Anybody want to give me an idea for a third contest?

Crimson
09-24-2005, 04:32 AM
Whoever drinks a galon of milk in an hour. Or whoever drinks the most. Or whoever pukes it up the farthest...

meleader2
09-24-2005, 04:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've done two OOT contests. Shant and TBag each won new screen name colors for a week. And, neither of them started a single thread in OOT.

What's the point of getting a new screen name color if you're not going to start threads and show it off?

[/ QUOTE ]

YEAH I'VE GOINT A AOCNTS TEST AHOS WHOW ABOUT EATING AMS ASM MANY HOTDAOGS AS YOU AN WIHOUT CHOKING?!?!?!

JaBlue
09-24-2005, 04:33 AM
OOT chess tourney

Stuey
09-24-2005, 04:39 AM
I want to pick avatars for the men in red.

The idea is you post an avatar that you think they might like if they come and use it you win. So you have to pick something they like not something you think they should have.

It would be very hard but that is how you get people to put effort into a contest imo. Just an idea maybe someone can build on it.

Yes I am a avatar freak. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

dibbs
09-24-2005, 04:44 AM
ONLINE GIN RUMMY TOURNEY.

Dynasty
09-24-2005, 05:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
OOT chess tourney

[/ QUOTE ]

For something like this, skill would not have to be too big a factor. Chess is no good. Monopoly would be reasonable.

Saddlepoint
09-24-2005, 05:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OOT chess tourney

[/ QUOTE ]

For something like this, skill would not have to be too big a factor. Chess is no good. Monopoly would be reasonable.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no variance in Monopoly. You'd all be drawing dead.

pearljam
09-24-2005, 05:29 AM
yahoo spades/hearts tournament.

2+2 wannabe
09-24-2005, 05:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yahoo spades/hearts tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the clear answer

Crimson
09-24-2005, 05:41 AM
Hearts. NH

Stuey
09-24-2005, 05:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I want to pick avatars for the men in red.

The idea is you post an avatar that you think they might like if they come and use it you win. So you have to pick something they like not something you think they should have.

It would be very hard but that is how you get people to put effort into a contest imo. Just an idea maybe someone can build on it.

Yes I am a avatar freak. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Example: For David

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/Stuey2plus2/ogirl.gif

Can he resist!? /images/graemlins/grin.gif And really why should he.

WackityWhiz
09-24-2005, 05:51 AM
How about anybody who starts a thread that gets the flame (10000 views or 100 replies)

Dynasty
09-24-2005, 05:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How about anybody who starts a thread that gets the flame (10000 views or 100 replies)

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots of people have had that.

WackityWhiz
09-24-2005, 05:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots of people have had that.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are probably only a few per day. I'm just guessing tho

*edit - and the color change is just for 1 day right? I'm sure people couldn't get threads like that very often. If they do, then good for them, they are keeping this forum interesting.

Stuey
09-24-2005, 06:01 AM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/Stuey2plus2/eatslugsron.gif

I can host it for you I see you are over your limit. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I like this one also.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/Stuey2plus2/shrek80x80.gif

Ok enough is enough I will stop now promise.

Stuey
09-30-2005, 02:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok this will be hard to explain and might not even be possible but it is clear as day in my head so good luck trying to follow along. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

1. We pick 2 combatants, smart tricky types. I would think a Gorie vs. Patrick del Poker Grande duel would be a good one if they agree.

2. We PM them each the mystery word.

3. They both make a thread, which is designed to make the responders say the mystery word as many times as possible. But there is a catch or 2 maybe 3!

4. They get 1 point for each time they get people to say the word. But they lose points if any poster guesses what the word was.

5. If a poster knows the word they PM the game master and they get the same number of points as the combatants or 1 point for every person that guessed the word right which ever number is higher.

6. So in the end we can have 3 results. Gorie could win, Patrick could win, or the group of ootiots that guessed it right would win.

Yah the idea needs work and I got it from something Patrick said about the movie Super Troopers where they try to say, "meow" as often as possible.

We need a contest Dynasty or we just start attacking each other as in the peachy blog thing. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jason_t
09-30-2005, 02:18 AM
Hey Dynasty,

STFU.

Jason_t

B Dids
09-30-2005, 11:23 AM
The fundamental problem here is that the people with the intelligence and skill or whatever to win these contests are hardly the people starting threads in OOT.

Yeti
09-30-2005, 11:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Example: For David

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/Stuey2plus2/ogirl.gif

Can he resist!? /images/graemlins/grin.gif And really why should he.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear he prefers black girls.