PDA

View Full Version : Dreadful River Cards

goofball
09-24-2005, 04:29 AM
or just one.

I read somewhere that home games are like the whiffle ball of poker and this one is no exception. Beyond that I one of the best seats in the house. It's 7 handed. One player is very tight and cautious, 2 players are sort of loose (for this game that means very tight relatively) and are very average in terms of postflop aggression, capable of making the rare move but usually only heads up. The other 3 are varying degrees of loose and very bad.

Folded to me in the CO and I open to $6 (standard open) with T/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif. The very tight cautious straightforward player coldcalls on the button (crap). Loose/bad blinds numbers 1 and 2 fold and we take the flop heads up.

Flop ($15) is 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

This is as good a flop as any for me to get him to fold his 6 outer, I bet $10, he calls. His call means my hand is no good...

Turn ($35)

T/images/graemlins/heart.gif ...until that. I bet $20, he calls.

River ($75)

7/images/graemlins/club.gif

How much to bet?

Isura
09-24-2005, 09:52 AM
I'd bet more on the turn, like 25-30. But this depends on your read. Will villain fold hands like JJ or A9 to a bigger bet?

River, I bet about 30. He should call that much with one pair.