PDA

View Full Version : I am such a wimp...

09-24-2005, 03:39 AM
Ok what would you do. I'm in a bar tonight and I'm looking around, talking to my best friend, and watching baseball highlights. I am actually thinking to myself, 'how awesome would to be to meet a great girl right now.'

Then I look over and see this girl sitting talk to two of her friends, one of which seems to have a boyfriend. She is looking around, yawning, seemingly bored. She is one of these girls that other people might find cute but, for some reason, I find gorgeous.

I kept looking over my left shoulder about every few minutes. She got hotter and hotter.

I didn't move, and she left after about ten minutes.

Usually I have no trouble going up to girls, but for some reason tonight I chickened out. I was worried about what I would say. I am lame.

Anyways, if you were in my situation would you:

MyTurn2Raise
09-24-2005, 03:41 AM
Lame...go up to her and have an awesome conversation

MyTurn2Raise
09-24-2005, 03:42 AM
within 3 seconds too

phil_ivey_fan
09-24-2005, 03:42 AM
quit being a [censored]... stop second guessing yourself. I never approach girls unless I'm drunk... I get my friends to and then I pull up for the steal... girls love that [censored]...its called having a good wingman like AEKDBet

ThaSaltCracka
09-24-2005, 03:43 AM
it is irrelevant what any of us would have done. If you thought she was cute, you should have talked to her. IF you didn't, its because you were nervous. Thats normal man. Talk to THAT girl next time

ThaSaltCracka
09-24-2005, 03:45 AM
I realize I didn't give any advice, and thats because there is really no advice any of us can give you, other than just try it. I mean, [censored], who cares, just try.

dibbs
09-24-2005, 03:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I kept looking over my left shoulder about every few minutes. She got hotter and hotter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's to alcohol.

MyTurn2Raise
09-24-2005, 03:50 AM
What would Brian Boitano do?

09-24-2005, 03:51 AM
Yeah no [censored] dude. I am so pissed at myself. I dated a girl for six months last year because I had the balls to go up to her, and this time I f'd it up.

I only posted this because I wanted to get flamed. Next time maybe I'll have the nuts to go talk to her.

09-24-2005, 03:51 AM
yeah, be careful with that poker stuff. confidence seems somehow tied to variance.

09-24-2005, 03:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's to alcohol.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was driving. Only had a beer or two. Maybe that was the problem.

x2ski
09-24-2005, 03:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet he'd kick an ass or two.

ThaSaltCracka
flamed for what? Dude, you are normal, anyone who flames you is a [censored] dork.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet he'd kick an ass or two.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's what brian boitano would do..

PokerBob
09-24-2005, 03:55 AM
go home and beat off.

Brainwalter
09-24-2005, 04:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's to alcohol.

[/ QUOTE ]

The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

JaBlue
09-24-2005, 04:14 AM
PUSSY!

<font color="white"> seriously though, good luck next time - you'll have plenty more chances </font>

yellowjack
09-24-2005, 04:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah no [censored] dude. I am so pissed at myself. I dated a girl for six months last year because I had the balls to go up to her, and this time I f'd it up.

I only posted this because I wanted to get flamed. Next time maybe I'll have the nuts to go talk to her.

[/ QUOTE ]

Next time this comes up try to remember what happened tonight. That way you'll have even more motivation to go for it. I'll bet your hand needs a break /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

smokingrobot
09-24-2005, 05:18 AM
how come all the options end with kicking yourself?

09-24-2005, 06:18 AM
Alright, here's what to do next time and you can save face, too. Have the cocktail waitress ask her if she's interested. What I mean is, order her a drink and give the waitress like a $10 tip, and she will put in a good word for you when she gives her the drink.

Well, now you've got her attention- if she's interested she will come over in a few minutes; if she doesn't even touch the drink, forget it.

09-24-2005, 06:27 AM
That sounds like a great plan for getting a hooker

MrTrik
09-24-2005, 11:42 AM
Go up and talk to her. The worst thing (within reason) is she'll get up and leave. Well she did that anyway, so you'd have nothing to lose.

Mason Hellmuth
09-24-2005, 12:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What I mean is, order her a drink...

[/ QUOTE ]
Wrong, wrong, wrong, and terrible.

Go talk to her friend. Be really funny.

mslif
09-24-2005, 12:03 PM
I don't think you are a wimp. It is hard to go up to someone you don't know and start a conversation.
Just please don't take the advice of sending a drink over, Women usually prefer the guy to come and introduce himself instead of introducing a drink. If the girl is not interested, you will know right the way and you won't have to spend any $$ on her.
good luck to you next time.

peterchi
09-24-2005, 12:05 PM
I think there's a reason why all of my girlfriends have been a friend first.

I have no game. and I admire those who do.

I have never just approached a girl in a bar and start hitting on her. Although there was one time when a buddy and I were drunk on the beach, and walked up to four suntanning girls and struck up a conversation. One of them was HOT, the others were slightly above average. That's the most game I've ever exhibited, and it resulted in them inviting us to a party, and then not showing up. Man I was so proud of myself for about, oh, 5 hours...

So yeah. Do it for those of us who cannot.

tdarko
09-24-2005, 12:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If the girl is not interested, you will know right the way

[/ QUOTE ]