PDA

View Full Version : Uh, OK

PokerBob
09-24-2005, 02:32 AM
Canterbury 15/30 9 handed
BB here is tight, and not too great. Never seen him do anything insane/aggressive. I love my turn check, do you? Also, wtf on the river?

Folds to me in MP and I raise A /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif, folds to BB who calls.

Flop: J /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

bb checks, i bet, he calls.

Turn: K /images/graemlins/spade.gif

bb checks, i check.

River: 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

bb checks, i bet, BB raises, i say wtf and ............

DeadMoneyOC
09-24-2005, 02:54 AM
Didnt you just win a lot of money in AC? Why arent you still drunk? Already posting hands...hhhmmmmmm

PokerBob
09-24-2005, 02:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Didnt you just win a lot of money in AC? Why arent you still drunk? Already posting hands...hhhmmmmmm

[/ QUOTE ]

i am not actionbob. i am pokerbob. i am drunk.

Xhiggy
09-24-2005, 03:01 AM
it all depends on how strong your read is. but I'm almost always calling here. if villain had check-raised the turn, would you have called down? if so, then I think you have to call the river (as your turn check theoretically saved you one bet).

Edge34
09-24-2005, 03:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
BB here is tight, and not too great. Never seen him do anything insane/aggressive. I love my turn check, do you? Also, wtf on the river?

Folds to me in MP and I raise A /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif, folds to BB who calls.

Flop: J /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

bb checks, i check.

[/ QUOTE ]

You say WTF and call, obviously. Problem is, the way he played this, I have no idea what he could have. Your turn check may have convinced him a K was good for a CR. How tight is he? KJ is a possibility if he wanted to slowplay those trips.

I'll admit, I'm pretty confused by this hand. What did you want to accomplish with the turn check. Are you fairly certain he's got the J when he called your flop bet? Did you want him to fire at the pot on the river when you've got the best hand? Whatever you wanted, there's no way you can do anything but call his river raise, 3-betting is just spewing and you hit the card you wanted on the turn.

For some reason I just can't get the worst possible hand (for you) he could have, KJ, out of my head.

PS. I can hardly see straight now and its only 2:20. Nice to meet another 2er tonight.

PokerBob
09-24-2005, 03:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What did you want to accomplish with the turn check.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, there are virtually no cards that hurt me on the river. If he has a J, he is winding up to c/r the turn. if not, there is very little that he can call with. i am hoping he'll fire the river with any pair or anything at all.

09-24-2005, 10:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What did you want to accomplish with the turn check.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, there are virtually no cards that hurt me on the river. If he has a J, he is winding up to c/r the turn. if not, there is very little that he can call with. i am hoping he'll fire the river with any pair or anything at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
Checking the turn is a good move against a tricky aggressive player, but if you are against a player that would never checkraise here without trips or better, than you might as well bet it to gain more value when you are ahead since you can safely fold to a checkraise. Given that you checked the turn, you must call this river checkraise. He may be putting you on a weak hand/bluff. Your hand is too strong to fold in this spot given the action.

AceHigh
09-24-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Call. You got what you wanted and more, turn check is good.

Nigel
09-24-2005, 04:59 PM
When this has been done to me, they have never not had the trips.

You can probably safely fold, but my advice is colored by the dozen times or so this has happened to me, so it is results oriented.

jayheaps
09-24-2005, 05:37 PM
call and take down the pot when he shows KQ

YoureToast
09-24-2005, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

close. the answer is:

raise, and take down the pot when he shows KQ.

jayheaps
09-24-2005, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

close. the answer is:

raise, and take down the pot when he shows KQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

touche.

PokerBob
09-25-2005, 02:47 AM

bb checks, i check.

bb checks, i bet, BB raises, i say wtf and I called. He showed J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. He either pwned me completely here or played like a complete idiot, and i don't think it is close. but which is it?

Drontier
09-25-2005, 03:09 AM
I've done this a few times, and I lean towards pwned you. : )