PDA

View Full Version : A Tommy 15-30 hand in a NYC club

SA125
09-24-2005, 02:20 AM
15-30 day game in a club I'm playing for the first time. After 4 hour's I've been nittier than nit and rockier than a rock due to an extremely frigid deck. Down only 12 BB's though.

Last hand of the session. I have A2s of hearts and limp UTG. 2-3 limpers and a knuckle.

Flop 442 with 2 diamonds. Nit of a BB leads out and I raise. All fold and he calls.

Turn 2x. He bets and I fold. He flashes me 45s of hearts. NH. Nice meeting you. Take care. See you Mon.

Comments?

andyfox
09-24-2005, 02:28 AM
"Last hand of the session. I have A2s of hearts and limp UTG."

I still do these foolish things too. But only if the top card is the ace.

SA125
09-24-2005, 02:30 AM
Lol Andy. After being cold decked for 4 hours, last hand or not, it looked like a monster. That was a good chuckle.

andyfox
09-24-2005, 02:33 AM
Glad to provide a smile.

Seriously, though, the other day somebody asked me if I played differently when I was winning then when I was stuck. I answered, honestly, that I did. Some of it is good: I think you can manipulate players more when they think you're "hot" and you're playing and winning a lot of pots.

But after being cold-decked for a while I too look at A-xs and have delusions of grandeur. And it's usually when I'm counting and know I'm down exactly 12 BBs. /images/graemlins/wink.gif