PDA

View Full Version : looking for an old post

Punker
09-24-2005, 02:10 AM
A post about someone from 2+2 playing in Aruba, at high limits (like 50-100 or higher) where the opponent exposed his cards and had a weak draw, but was willing to go all in with it for thousands of dollars; our 2+2 hero had to fade some small number of outs but the money involved was so big he was concerned. I can't remember who posted it (I have this random idea it was either eugeneel or daryn). I've tried searching the archives but no luck...can anyone help?

09-24-2005, 02:35 AM
Eugene was involved in that hand if I remember it correctly -think it was higher than $50-100.

MicroBob
09-24-2005, 02:53 AM
it was definitely eugene and was in the mid/hi forum. It was under one of his many accounts and has most likely been deleted completely (unfortunately) since all of his accounts eventually get sent into internet-purgatory.

It would have been posted last October or November (since that was right after the Aruba tournament) and I believe Eugene won $14k in that pot against a maniac who was playing without looking at his cards on that particular hand or something.

The fish was some semi-rich guy who also worked for UB as I recall.... so he stepped up to the highest-limit game there and donked it up without knowing that everyone was just feeding on him.

Phil Gordon had come up to him in the middle of the game to say something like, "you're behaving like an ass. you're not winning any friends. they all just want your money and you should leave now and stop embarassing yourself."
Obviously all the other players in the game wanted Gordon to shut the hell up and let the guy keep acting like an idiot.

I suspect it was something like $300/$600 or something like that for a $14k pot.

boose_bagina
09-24-2005, 02:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Phil Gordon had come up to him in the middle of the game to say something like, "you're behaving like an ass. you're not winning any friends. they all just want your money and you should leave now and stop embarassing yourself."

[/ QUOTE ]
"...you're disrespecting the game, blah blah blah"
Phil Gordon's too rich to realize some people actually play poker for money and a living