PDA

View Full Version : Awesome 3-6 game

DeadMoneyOC
09-24-2005, 12:27 AM
Here is a hand that I thought maybe could have played a little differnt. This guy was on tilt btw.

Hand #8513819-559 at Penacook ($3/$6 Triple Draw 2-7)
Powered by UltimateBet
Started at 24/Sep/05 00:24:00

Tklemans is at seat 0 with $121.
Leon Trotsky is at seat 1 with $154.
Beer4brkfst is at seat 3 with $158.50 (sitting out).
BrandoJOPKE is at seat 4 with $177.50.
The button is at seat 4.

Tklemans posts the small blind of $1.
Leon Trotsky posts the big blind of $3.

Tklemans: -- -- -- -- --
Leon Trotsky: -- -- -- -- --
BrandoJOPKE: 8s Ts 2h 7d Tc

First Round:

BrandoJOPKE raises to $6. Tklemans re-raises to $9.
Leon Trotsky folds. BrandoJOPKE calls.

Tklemans stands pat. BrandoJOPKE takes 2 cards.

BrandoJOPKE: 8s 2h 7d Js 2d

Second Round:

Tklemans bets $3. BrandoJOPKE calls.

Tklemans stands pat. BrandoJOPKE takes 2 cards.

BrandoJOPKE: 8s 2h 7d 3c 4h

Third Round:

Tklemans bets $6. BrandoJOPKE raises to $12.
Tklemans re-raises to $18. BrandoJOPKE calls.

Tklemans stands pat. BrandoJOPKE stands pat.

BrandoJOPKE: 8s 2h 7d 3c 4h

Final Round:

Tklemans bets $6. BrandoJOPKE calls.

Showdown:

Tklemans shows 9c 6h 5h 3d 2c.
Tklemans has 9 6 5 3 2.
BrandoJOPKE shows 8s 7d 4h 3c 2h.
BrandoJOPKE has 8 7 4 3 2.

Hand #8513819-559 Summary:

$.50 is raked from a pot of $75.
BrandoJOPKE wins $74.50 with 8 7 4 3 2.
----------------------------------------------------------------

This game was/is awesome...

EDit: was playing HU versus bad guy and one other bad guy and Leon showed up...still going if you want to stink up my game...im wasted...it doesnt amtter!!!

dibbs
09-24-2005, 03:26 AM
His 3-bet before the last draw would worry me. Your raise says either "I've made a decent 8 or better" or will be seen an attempt to get him to snap it off. Yet, he 3-bets you, which may have been an attempt to make you think he has some really good 8 or 7 and break yourself, but it's probably the heat of tilt and just throttling bets. What would a tilting player think? I don't know, I feel like I would have to be there to give a better answer.

Kind of depends on his speed I guess, if you had seem him throttle some 9's for 3 rounds or think this could be an ultra rough 8 I'd grit my teeth and see a river.

I have a feeling I'd break pretty often though and I guess he would have outplayed me. JMO though, I think the big difference between 1/2 down and 2/4 up is players will be thinking about trying to get you to break, so I'm not too experienced with it. I've only logged about 1k hands at 1/2 though.

On a side note, weren't you just contemplating not going back to 1/2 for a while? Then drunken 3/6? None of my business I know, just a thought. I've watched a fair amount of 5/10, 30/60 and 80/160, but I really dont know how 2/4 and 3/6 play, perhaps not a huge jump from 1/2, and I'm pretty sure you player higher limits so it's all good.

timprov
09-24-2005, 04:08 AM
Anybody who's bankrolled for it is probably better off playing 2/4 or 3/6 than 1/2, if both games are running, though of course noticing which players are in the game is important. 1/2 and 5/10 seem to be the "tough spots" at UB.

dibbs
09-24-2005, 04:23 AM
Interesting, thanks for the thoughts. 1/2 has been pretty tough as of late, even with two tables going relatively often. I only really play in it when I'm following someone or the unknowns are blatantly bad. There's certain players I'm really tempted to follow to 2/4 or 3/6 but that's a big game for me, even if I'm technically well over bankrolled for both.

In relation to the very recent thread asking you guys why you play TD, I think following certain players around is much more important than other games, and careful game selection is really important. One problem I have is quitting a game after the fish leaves and it's me with the other three guys that were trying to isolate him, I just enjoy the game too much though.

DeadMoneyOC
09-24-2005, 01:07 PM
Yeah, two things that I didnt like about this hand...

I open raised on the button with 872 which I think is fine, but I wasnt sure about calling a bet unimproved after the first draw. I think that is a little loose.

Then before hte last draw I was completely lost...I was really hoping he had a worse 87. I was suprised to see a 9 from him. It felt really uncomfortable.

What is the break percentage on the last draw to improve to a 7? I had the mother of all draw but I still think its going to be a pretty long shot...aka I think calling down might be more profitable.

I sat in the game because I wanted to play this guy HU, and I was ahead a bit on him and one other bad guy and Leon Trotsky showed up. Leon owned me...it was embrassing. I was ahead a bit at one point but I lost 150. Leon was on my left and got the best of me a lot. I would have a draw to a 7 or 8, he would stand on some rough junk, I would never improve. He also made the nuts against my rough 7 so he got a couple bets on that hand also. I was retarded drunk though so it didnt really matter too much...pretty lame though because 2-7 is the only game I play on UB and 150 was/is half my 2-7 roll...oopss!!! lol....the game last night was very good though. The guy I wanted to play HU was a guy I had played before HU in my lower game and I felt like I was a HUGE favorite over him. Leon is a luckbox. That is all.

Soviet Exile
09-24-2005, 02:50 PM
You talk too much!

Remember Leon was down to $12 and then you indicated you owned him. Later you started talking about how he needed to reload, that 12 BB was not enough. Whereupon he put $150 worth of beats on you. It's well known on UB that you don't mess with Leon Trotsky. Don't forget. Leon did make a number of 7s.

I would say that randomstumbl seems to have Mr. Trotsky's number.

That guy you were attempting to feast on was not that horrible. He did fold a bit much post flop. Perhaps he is real bad short.

DeadMoneyOC
09-24-2005, 03:21 PM
I was being quite the tard. You were running good but I also remember feeling like I was getting playing. You beat me OOP a couple of times also. I suck. YOUR WELCOME!!! Remember when I said 'Leon if I was getting your cards I would have 3K on the table, you make a 7 or an 8 everyhand' or something along those lines...

The guy on my right was bad. He is like me. He told me basically just learned the game like two weeks ago(ala YO) Then those random people popped in who didnt know wtf was going on. Im suprised the game stayed good for so long. I played for like...3 hours or something. I was going to leave if more than one of you good players showed up though. oh well, you live and learn.