PDA

View Full Version : Funny deadlift video

Blarg
09-23-2005, 11:00 PM
This guy looks like he's headed for wheelchair territory.

http://media.putfile.com/Deadlift300lbsBad23

Sakuraba
09-23-2005, 11:44 PM
The 7 people on here who have ever done a deadlift will probably find this funny. I did.

Voltron87
09-23-2005, 11:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

This guy looks like he's headed for wheelchair territory.

[/ QUOTE ]

... doesnt sound funny

Warik
09-23-2005, 11:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The 7 people on here who have ever done a deadlift will probably find this funny. I did.

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl... can't really call it a deadlift video if the guy is not even doing a real deadlift. Reminds me of the tards who half-squat or do those swinging bicep curls.

Wussy video man pwned by girly weight.

edfurlong
09-23-2005, 11:58 PM
I've seen that before. I'm pretty sure its actualy a joke or a how not to demo. He puts it down so easily, and the amount he is actualy able to flail around says its an insignificant weight to him.

Sakuraba
09-24-2005, 12:19 AM
I am pretty sure it is a joke. He partially rows it at one point and is on his toes at the end. I don't think I could do either of those things with anything near a max deadlift.

Deadlifts are really great though. For long limbed people like me, they are far less embarrassing than squats.

Blarg
09-24-2005, 03:58 AM
I'm long limbed too and my deadlift form is very good. But on squats I tend to be in danger of falling over backward, so I lean forward too much to compensate. I get them done, but my form needs a lot of work.

dynamite
09-24-2005, 04:00 AM
awesome lift. I love how he's "workin out" in jean shorts.

Matty
09-24-2005, 11:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wussy video man pwned by girly weight.

[/ QUOTE ]You da man.

jokerthief
09-25-2005, 12:04 AM
Blarg = my favorite poster without an avatar.

IronDragon1
09-25-2005, 12:07 AM
At least he did a controlled negative.........

Stuey
09-25-2005, 12:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Blarg = my favorite poster without an avatar.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/Stuey2plus2/fistface.jpg

Clearly I don't know what the "loc: Who is Fistface?" actually means. But I saw a video of a Bruce Lee one inch punch that I thought would be a cool avatar. I probably will never be able to find it again though.

Blarg
09-25-2005, 01:13 AM
I never had a loc before, so I decided to put in a Simpsons reference.

It was from an episode where bully Nelson Muntz mentions something like the mystery of Fistface or something. Then follows a hilarious series of expressions as Nelson dusts off his fist and calmly smiles while examining his fingernails while hypernerd Milhaus jumps frantically up and down all around him saying, Who is Fistface? Who is Fistface? I demand to know the identity of Fistface!

Nelson tilts his head towards him and grins, then flattens him with his properly warmed up fist. It's YOU!, he says.

We can see it coming from a mile away, but the fun is seeing how stupidly Milhaus meets his obvious, inevitable doom -- the doom he was born for -- yet again, and how much Nelson enjoys the prolonged build-up.

You'd have to see it, of course, but it was super stupid and set up so well that the total stupidness of it made it better, not worse. Both assinine and existential; what's not to like?

Stuey
09-25-2005, 01:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I never had a loc before, so I decided to put in a Simpsons reference.

It was from an episode where bully Nelson Muntz mentions something like the mystery of Fistface or something. Then follows a hilarious series of expressions as Nelson dusts off his fist and calmly smiles while examining his fingernails while hypernerd Milhaus jumps frantically up and down all around him saying, Who is Fistface? Who is Fistface? I demand to know the identity of Fistface!

Nelson tilts his head towards him and grins, then flattens him with his properly warmed up fist. It's YOU!, he says.

We can see it coming from a mile away, but the fun is seeing how stupidly Milhaus meets his obvious, inevitable doom -- the doom he was born for -- yet again, and how much Nelson enjoys the prolonged build-up.

You'd have to see it, of course, but it was super stupid and set up so well that the total stupidness of it made it better, not worse. Both assinine and existential; what's not to like?

[/ QUOTE ]

The way you decribe it is better than seeing it imo. As I think I would miss the existential part and it makes it much better.

If you ever want an avatar just say the word and the chase will be on. But clearly you are just fine as is for now and if something comes along that you take a shine to then maybe you will get one no need to chase it down hey.

jokerthief
09-25-2005, 01:45 AM
Awesome story Blarg.

You should take Stuey up on his offer. He is the avatar master. Again I make the plea to a moderator to change Stuey's title to "Avatar Master" (even though he punked us all with the pokerjo hoax). /images/graemlins/wink.gif

BCPVP
09-25-2005, 01:53 AM
Look at his back during it, cuz it looks like a "c"! Worst deadlift I've ever seen. It has to be a joke.

SackUp
09-25-2005, 01:56 AM
/images/graemlins/confused.gif

edfurlong
09-25-2005, 01:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Look at his back during it, cuz it looks like a "c"! Worst deadlift I've ever seen. It has to be a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, yeah....

jokerthief
09-25-2005, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One thing is for certain, if it isn't a joke then that guy is going to get a serious injury eventually.

Blarg
09-25-2005, 01:58 AM
Thanks guys. I actually have avatars turned off, though, as loading them slows the site down a lot for me. Even though I'm on DSL. I haven't seen an avatar on here for ages.

Blarg
09-25-2005, 02:08 AM
At first I didn't think it was a joke, but then when some of you guys said it must be, I thought it must be too. Someone said that he was moving in a way that suggested he could probably handle the weight.

Then it occurred to me that this would be a damn dangerous joke and it didn't really matter if he was strong enough to handle the weight -- I don't think you can handle almost any weight like that with anything even close to safety. If an experienced, knowledgeable lifter who knew better was doing this -- well, how could an experienced, knowledgeable lifter actually even do something like this?

When it seemed to me that doing this as a joke would be at least as stupid as doing it for real because you didn't know better, I went back to thinking it wasn't a joke.

edfurlong
09-25-2005, 02:14 AM
If its under 300# and he is an average highschool football player or something its not a large amount of weight. Its not safe to be doing, but someone that does a lot of deadlifts has a much stronger core than most.

bravos1
09-25-2005, 02:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If its under 300# and he is an average highschool football player or something its not a large amount of weight. Its not safe to be doing, but someone that does a lot of deadlifts has a much stronger core than most.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's hard to tell exactly how much is on it, but it looks like it could be only 185lbs. Looks like a 45 and a 25 plate on each side. If so, pretty simple deadlift.

Blarg
09-25-2005, 02:40 AM
But look at that back! That isn't just a little bit of bad form -- the guy is not just moving the weight smoothly, but jerking it around while his back is in those terrible positions.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I really don't think how strong you might be comes into play when you're messing with weights like that. That's way beyond casual bad form or a joke; it's just begging for injury. If this is a joke, then making it is at the very least as stupid and dangerous as if it were not a joke.

Anyway, that's how it seems to me. I can deadlift that weight easily, but even if I were way, way, way stronger than I am, there's no way in hell I would do that as a joke. And I think anyone who would is friggin nuts.

Not saying I couldn't be wrong. I just don't think strength matters here. It's crazy stupid no matter what.

Blarg
09-25-2005, 02:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's hard to tell exactly how much is on it, but it looks like it could be only 185lbs. Looks like a 45 and a 25 plate on each side. If so, pretty simple deadlift.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't something in the video somewhere say it was 300 lbs?

It's hard to tell by looking at it.

jokerthief
09-25-2005, 02:48 AM
I have dsl and can't even tell the difference. You may be basing past slow performace to slow 2+2 forums. Avatars won't slow down your load times by much.

jokerthief
09-25-2005, 02:50 AM
If it's a joke is a very bad one. I don't see the point in doing something like this intentionally.

edfurlong
09-25-2005, 03:01 AM
I agree on all points. Stupid as hell.

It looks like a 45, 35, 25, 10, and a couple 5's on the bar. The only reason you would do that is to make it look like a lot of weight, which it realy is.

However its pretty reasonable to think some moron would risk injury making this video.