PDA

View Full Version : $11 Head's Up Advice Request

swiftrhett
09-23-2005, 08:33 PM
I still don't feel confident about always making the right move come heads up time at the $10's. I would really like to work out what the hand ranges are of the average $10 player for a small set of situations where your stack is within a certain range, and one of a few preflop actions happen.

Basically, I want to fill in a table that looks something like:
<ul type="square"> Blind Level ____|___Your Stack Size_____|____Situation_______|_Opponent's Hand Range
7________________0-1500___________Villain pushes from SB_____Any 2 cards
7________________1501-3000________Villain pushes from SB_____Any with a face card

[/list]

Any help? Probably working out a list of 50-100 of these situations would help make the play way more clear. I play 40 $10's / day now with about 1000 archived. I'd really like to work this out with anyone if they're interested.

Slim Pickens
09-23-2005, 09:24 PM
HU is one of the few places in an 11 where you have to know something about your opponent. Most players therre are way too passive HU, so you're pushing about every other hand no matter what, plus anytime you get dealt a picture-card. They'll get pissed when you suck out with T3o against their 88, but they're probably all-in on the blind for the third time by then, so they had it coming. There are also a few postflop hyper-maniacs, so let them limp in and trap with middle pair or better.

Point is this. You'll have a much easier time improving your HU play by trying to profile your opponents' play rather than your own.

swiftrhett
09-23-2005, 09:38 PM
That isn't what I'm trying to do. I'm just trying to profile an average $10 player. For example with roughly even stacks, in the BB, the opponent often calls from the SB. I think that when I respond by pushing, the SB either folds or calls with something super strong.

So, while most of the time, the call is just a weak play and their attempt to get pot odds and see the flop, other times, the SB is laying a trap. I'd like to know what those percentages are.

Slim Pickens
09-26-2005, 12:19 AM
There's just no point in doing that. Sorry.

pergesu
09-26-2005, 12:26 AM
Just search for pattywack85 when he's playing, and see if he gets heads up. He murders fools.

Take notes.

Slim Pickens
09-26-2005, 02:36 AM
Meh. I get it now. He's not asking to improve his own heads up play. It's more of an academic study. The answer's probably about 85/15, but I still can't see why you'd want to know.

Good luck there swifty. I hope it goes better than the remote control bowling ball experiment. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

tjh
09-26-2005, 02:48 AM
I like the spirit behind this sort of post. A desire to know the actual facts. So much of what we rely upon as fact may not be fact at all.

When we make our ICM calculations we may huge unproven assumptions. Such as what range of hands the opponent has. Well we can look at the thousands of hands of real data on our hard drives and see what the opponent has when they do call.

Knowing what hands they do call with is certainly valuable information.