PDA

View Full Version : Worst flop bet ever? (LC)

private joker
09-23-2005, 08:16 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP folds, CO folds.

Final Pot: 4.50 BB

jgorham
09-23-2005, 08:19 PM
Is this post serious?

ncboiler
09-23-2005, 08:20 PM
No

private joker
09-23-2005, 08:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this post serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I'll edit to put low content. My apologies.

hobbsmann
09-23-2005, 08:27 PM
This actually looks like a good place to slowplay for a couple of reasons: a) you weren't the last aggressor so there is decent chance MP2 bets your hand for you, at least on the flop b) you are not worried at all about giving people free cards c) your opponents are only going to peel a turn/raise the flop with very few hands (ie. AK, KK, QQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, KQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, and some other assorted diamonds).

The situation changes dramatically if you have a lower flush as you are now worried about giving free cards, albiet not to a huge extent. Further more in the low flush example you are going to get plenty of action the times somebody holds the A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

hobbsmann
09-23-2005, 08:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is this post serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I'll edit to put low content. My apologies.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is some content....see me seriously responding above /images/graemlins/frown.gif

private joker
09-23-2005, 08:32 PM
Well, it's not *no* content, it's just *low* content.

Anyway, I agree that there's some merit in a slowplay, but not much. First of all, MP might raise, which is good. Secondly, a diamond can come on the turn that kills my action. Top pairs, two pairs, and sets will give me massive action until another diamond comes, since I could be on a draw with just the A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

I think the flop bet is correct, it just sucks that the table all of a sudden shut down.

Harv72b
09-23-2005, 09:17 PM
I think that if you played this exact hand 100 more times on Party 5/10 6 max, you'll never see the entire table fold to your flop bet again. Or at least, very rarely.

Entity
09-23-2005, 09:18 PM
I'm checkraising.

Evan
09-23-2005, 09:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm checkraising.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

onegymrat
09-24-2005, 01:08 AM
Hi Joker,

I like this bet a lot. First, with a flop like this, it is unlikely someone will bet unless they have a king or better. Second, it is more likely that your bet means a pair or a diamond draw. You would normally get called by at least one person with three opponents. Third, many turn cards could kill your turn action. Let them think they still have hope on cheap street. It's just unfortunate that no one had anything to chase.

On the other hand, if you had a "always bets when checked to" player at the table, then check-raising would be 100% correct.

GMan42
09-24-2005, 01:55 AM
So often I've tried to slowplay hands like this, had the flop checked through, and then when I bet the turn everyone folds with the worse odds. Usually when I look back at the players' stats I know at least two of them would have called with any piece of the flop. You just got unlucky here.

sweetjazz
09-24-2005, 02:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm checkraising.

[/ QUOTE ]

But then it looks like you are checkraising with the bare A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and people with a K are going to play back at you. You're setting yourself up to get runner-runnered. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously, suppose that this flop got checked through. Am I right to believe that checking the turn is correct?