PDA

View Full Version : sb/bb hand

09-23-2005, 08:14 PM
The villain in this hand is a 51/8/1.4

He hasn't gotten out of line yet. I see this flop donk bet all the time and it drives me nuts, do I just call here? against this type of opponent?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter (http://www.pokerhand.org)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 8 BB

Another question I have for more experienced players is when you're in the BB and you're against a loose/passive SB who completes all the time when it folds to him, do you ever bother taking shots at a misssed flop? I don't but I wonder if I'm giving up anything by just checking it. The action always goes they complete, I check, they check, I check, they bet, I fold. Do you let this continue from someone until you pick up a hand or do you take a shot eventually?

RunDownHouse
09-23-2005, 09:49 PM
First, I raise a [censored] load of hands from the BB when the SB just completes. You've got position, HU, against a player who either doesn't like his hand enough to steal, or is too stupid to raise/fold.

If its checked to me on the flop, I pretty much bet with any two. I can't imagine anyone who auto-checks behind on the flop HU from the big blind versus the small blind. You must be hemorraging money.

09-23-2005, 10:08 PM
That wasn't really what I was concerned about, I was asking about the flop action. Of course I raise KJ against an idiot who completes the SB.

stoxtrader
09-24-2005, 06:26 AM
I would just call this flop, he is offering you 5:1 to draw, + implied odds, your odds of hitting a 6 outer on the turn ar approx 7:1.

If the player is a manica/aggro who could do this with a gutshot or other draw, then a flop raise is fine, but if you call the flop, a lot of players will give up the true strength of their hand on the turn and let you make a better decision then.

This also means a good hand sometimes, so raising in that case is no good either.

mute
09-24-2005, 06:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

If its checked to me on the flop, I pretty much bet with any two.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he answered your question.

Against an unknown I feel the same, but if you know a guy will peel the flop with anything, then I only bet a hand, that has a decent chance of holding up UI or has some decent outs to improve.

As for the hand, I like the flop raise, if you think there's a reasonable chance for a free card on the turn.

I would bet the river.

ALL1N
09-24-2005, 06:46 AM
Stox covered the flop raise. But why on earth aren't you betting the river??

09-24-2005, 11:45 AM
I can't defend the river check except to say I've been running very bad and getting trapped a lot due to my aggressive style, so I've become a little more passive on the river than I should. I definately need to work on that there is no reason to be giving up this much value because I'm afraid of being check raised.