PDA

View Full Version : Interesting mathematical hand 20+2

09-23-2005, 07:34 PM
The villan is a weak player. He has caught cards to get this far. e limps all the time and overbets the pot a lot but I havent seen him bluff yet so bare in mind I am getting called here. Do I have enough outs to push here?Table '12930461 1' Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: <font color="red"> Hero </font> (1755 in chips)
Seat 5: mkahn2 (2615 in chips)
Seat 7: Johnnybhoy (4140 in chips)
Seat 8: rdy4action (3475 in chips)
Seat 9: ReddDemon (1515 in chips)
mkahn2: posts small blind 75
Johnnybhoy: posts big blind 150
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to <font color="red"> Hero </font> [T /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif]
rdy4action: calls 150
ReddDemon: folds
<font color="red"> Hero </font> : calls 150
mkahn2: calls 75
Johnnybhoy: checks
*** FLOP *** [4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif]
mkahn2: checks
rdy4action: checks
<font color="red"> Hero </font> : checks
*** TURN *** [4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif] [J /images/graemlins/heart.gif]
mkahn2: checks
rdy4action: bets 600

brimstone1
09-23-2005, 07:41 PM
Here's a question I need answered before I can say anything, whats with the limp for 150 with JTs?

09-23-2005, 07:46 PM
Well it shoudnt affect your response but I know its unusual and out of character by me. I had position and I didnt want to raise because I would definatly get called the table was playing loose so i decided to take a flop with it. But what about the turn?

09-23-2005, 07:50 PM
I would fold this pre-flop. More often then not, you're just bleeding chips. Also, you often catch attractive draws which puts you in situations like this. I only play JTs with lots of limpers in the early levels or with a big stack mid game. It's also great to push since it runs great against calling hands.

Since the big stack didn't bet the flop, I doubt he has a Q. I think the overbet on the turn is an attempt to pick up the pot and you might be ahead here. Even if you aren't, the outs justify pushing in.

KJL
09-23-2005, 07:59 PM
You have 9 flush outs, 3 staright outs, 3 two pair outs, and 2 trip outs here. If you think 2 pair will win will win and you think oppenent is not drawing to a bigger hand then you, then it's a good push. If you think you need trips to win, it's close, and if you need a staright or flush to win its a fold. This is assuming you are behind already, if you think there is a good chance you are ahead or he will fold, it's a push.

mosdef
09-23-2005, 09:14 PM
I know you didn't ask about this, but why wouldn't you bet the flop? IMO, you have massive draw and position, you may win the hand there and if your don't the turn might save you, or even the river if villain checks the turn. I feel this is a clear bet on the flop, can you explain another perspective that I don't see? Thanks.