PDA

View Full Version : i need help with the stakes

09-23-2005, 06:29 PM
i usually play the 10-20 nlh in my local cardroom, been doing great playing those stakes. i cash out aroun 1000-1800 a night. i play really solid in that game.

however, when i play the 50-100nlh with the same players, i screw up big time, losing aroung 6k a session. i notice that i lose my patience playing that game, but i know i can beat that game.

any ideas why and how will i beat it?

AZK
09-23-2005, 07:33 PM
get better at poker

BobboFitos
09-23-2005, 07:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
get better at poker

[/ QUOTE ]

Spladle Master
09-23-2005, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
get better at poker

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This answer is very brief and probably not very helpful, but it is correct.

PassiveCaller
09-24-2005, 12:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
get better at poker

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This answer is very brief and probably not very helpful, but it is correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

So was the useful information included to help his problem, what else is anyone supposed to say?

riverboatking
09-24-2005, 12:43 AM
where is this cardroom?
and how is it that the 10-20 and 50-100 have the same players?

as to why you are winning in one and losing in another, its probably due to the dramatic increase in stakes.

you probably just simply aren't comfortable at those stakes despite what you try and convince yourself.

which translates into you not being confident in your reads, and being unable to play big pots.

alot of times when people jump up stakes they lose their psychological ability to play big pots...which is huge in no-limit.

also it will severely affect your aggression factor and turn you into a more passive player which will have dramatic negative effects on your game.

you will find yourself being unable to raise w/bottom two or AK on a K52 rainbow board because you are constantly afraid that someone is trapping you with a set so instead you give 34 a cheap look at the turn then pay off to much when the 6 hits.

just a few thoughts and examples.

one thing to keep in mind, no other players or their stack size will ever intimidate you, the only thing that will is the amount of money you have in front of YOU.

so it doesn't matter if your playing against the sucker from the 10-20 game, if you have too much money in front of you, you won't be playing effectively even against the fish.

riverboatking
09-27-2005, 04:38 AM
bump,
i'd like to know where this game is spread.
thanks.

riverboatking
09-27-2005, 05:37 PM
here's a quick bit of advice for you if you actually plan on using these fourms.

if you post asking for advice and people take the time to respond, then you don't respond when they ask you a question about your post, you will stop recieving any feedback.

it took me a lot more time to respond thoughtfully to your post and let me tell you it will be the last time i respond to any of your posts.

lapoker17
09-27-2005, 05:40 PM
you really want in on that game.