PDA

View Full Version : The dark hand of Neocon fascism begins to spread

Parmenides
05-11-2003, 03:10 PM
In Colorado, Karl Rove encourages an unconstitutional gerrymandering to protect Republican house seats. In the Senate, Frist presses to rewrite filibuster laws that in the past the Republicans relied upon to thwart most recently the Clinton Administration. The dark hand begins to spread. Just as in Germany in the 30's, the neocon fascists have shown that if the law is designed to protect interests outside the ruling brown-shirt circle then they simply impose their will and change the law. If the Democrats complain too loudly, then the neocons can get more personal. Perhaps the Bush/Rove brown-shirts will arrange to send some more weapons grade anthrax letters manufactured by the CIA, or perhaps the Democrats chartered flights will have accidents during campaign season like Mel Carnahan and Paul Wellstone. The "accidents" would be descried by crocodile tears from the right. It doesn't take much intimidaion by the right to make Democrats aware that they are targeted.

A dark cloud is spreading across America.

Cyrus
05-11-2003, 04:30 PM
"A dark cloud is spreading across America."

You might be talking about the weather. I cannot tell anymore.

Michael Davis
05-11-2003, 04:44 PM
de·scry ( P ) Pronunciation Key (d-skr)
tr.v. de·scried, de·scry·ing, de·scries

To catch sight of (something difficult to discern).

To discover by careful observation or scrutiny; detect: descried a message of hope in her words.

So, how do crocodile tears descry?

Jimbo
05-11-2003, 08:34 PM
FOUR MORE YEARS! FOUR MORE YEARS! FOUR MORE YEARS!

andyfox
05-12-2003, 01:18 AM
I've just read "American Empire" by Andrew J. Bacevich. He claims we've already had 15 years, that the foreign policies of Bush 41, Clinton, and Dubya are indistinguishable from each other. I don't exactly agree, but it's a good book with lots of insights on "the realities and consequences of U.S. Diplomacy." Recommended to all you foreign policy wonks.

Cyrus
05-12-2003, 02:08 PM
"Recommended to all you foreign policy wonks."

What is a 'wonk'?

(If it's a bad thing, I'm not reading your book!)

andyfox
05-12-2003, 02:24 PM
wonk
n. Slang

1) A student who studies excessively; a grind.

2) One who studies an issue or a topic thoroughly or excessively.