PDA

View Full Version : KTs, big pot w/middle pair...

Fat Nicky
09-23-2005, 04:52 PM
UTG is a TAG, Button is TAG, BB is LAGGY but reasonable. No other reads.

Party Poker 5.00/10.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (14.00 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP3 folds, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, Button calls, Hero calls, BB folds.

River: (18.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 folds, Button folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 19.50 BB.

Inputs on all street please.

Azhrarn
09-23-2005, 06:46 PM
Pf: Good. Potentially dominated hand, but it plays decently multiway, and the pot is looking big. Too good to fold, but not good enough to try an isolation 3-bet imo.

Fold: Good. I don't see what else to do. The pot's too big to fold, but you're almost never ahead here. You could raise to try to clean up outs, but it doesn't seem worth it to me.

Turn: This is the tricky street. You're getting 11.5 to 1 the first time around, and you have nine potential outs, but all of them are dirty, and you're not closing the action. Red queens are your best bet, but even they may only get you part of the pot. Your tens outs are damn near worthless between the straight and flush possibilities. Bleh. I'd fold here. Given your first call, you need to call the raise.

River: Fine. It's tempting, 19.5 to 1, closing the action... But I'd fold it too.

Fat Nicky
09-23-2005, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Turn: This is the tricky street. You're getting 11.5 to 1 the first time around, and you have nine potential outs, but all of them are dirty, and you're not closing the action. Red queens are your best bet, but even they may only get you part of the pot. Your tens outs are damn near worthless between the straight and flush possibilities. Bleh. I'd fold here. Given your first call, you need to call the raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, this is where I ran into trouble, I just about puked after it was raised and I immediately regretted making the original call in the first place.