PDA

View Full Version : Global Warming and Hurricanes

09-23-2005, 04:39 PM
Global warming is the cause of these strong hurricanes that have been hitting the Gulf Coast. Bush should have kept this environmental issue at the top of his agenda. Now look what's happened.

baumer
09-23-2005, 04:42 PM
No, you're wrong. As I recently stated in another thread the person behind these hurricanes is Storm from X-Men.
Point your finger at her.

Please get your facts straight.

jakethebake
09-23-2005, 04:42 PM
[censored] off, troll.

Broken Glass Can
09-23-2005, 04:44 PM
This is the real culprit. (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2004/07/18/wsun18.xml&sSheet=/news/2004/07/18/ixnewstop.html)

4_2_it
09-23-2005, 04:47 PM
Not according to this expert (http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/florida/news-article.aspx?storyid=44499) or this somewhat more dubious source (http://www.journalnet.com/articles/2005/09/23/news/local/news05.txt)

09-23-2005, 04:53 PM
Your first link ("this expert") does not work. As to the second one, interesting but extremely unlikely.

STLantny
09-23-2005, 04:57 PM
Everytime a person posts a dumb politics thread in OTT, an angel dies. They then have to cremate said angel, leading to more noxious gasses in the atmosphere. Leading to more global warming. This is all your fault.

4_2_it
09-23-2005, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your first link ("this expert") does not work. As to the second one, interesting but extremely unlikely.

[/ QUOTE ]

It works fine for me. You might need to work on your Interweb skilz. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

09-23-2005, 05:03 PM
I don't like having to repeat myself, so I'll just quote the reason....
[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking these storms are due to cows farting and killing off the ozone which makes it easier for the ufos to enter our atmosphere. Everyone knows aliens like playing in the ocean with the sperm whales and once you get a sperm whale excited they spray man whale juice into the sky and it sticks to the clouds and then makes huricanes.

Isn't it obvious?

[/ QUOTE ]

09-23-2005, 05:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Everytime a person posts a dumb politics thread in OTT, an angel dies. They then have to cremate said angel, leading to more noxious gasses in the atmosphere. Leading to more global warming. This is all your fault.

[/ QUOTE ]
YSSCKY

09-24-2005, 12:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Global warming is the cause of these strong hurricanes that have been hitting the Gulf Coast. Bush should have kept this environmental issue at the top of his agenda. Now look what's happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your real name is Al Gore, right? (Should I have said "correct" instead of "right?" I mean, I want to be all politically-correcty when I'm addressing an obviously liberally-minded personage.)

I know humankind (proud of myself for not saying "mankind") is doing things to the environment that ain't really too cool. I know the world could be a much safer, cleaner place if only every single one of us would do a lot of things differently.

My complaint with your inane post (and cheap shot at the President - ever notice how liberals can't bring themselves to show a teensy bit of respect and use his rightful title?) is that it's based on such a small sampling of data.

The earth is how many billion years old? Reliable weather data (I'm not talking theories and/or speculation) is how old?

Would you extrapolate a 20 hand record of card playing to determine your skill and/or potential?

God bless and protect us all.