PDA

View Full Version : Criticize both my and Brazilio's play in this live hand.

JoshuaD
09-23-2005, 04:25 PM
We're sitting at the 6/12 at the borg. It's pretty loose passive with a few people that are loose but know how to raise. It's softer than the online 2/4 is on average.

It's 10 handed for this one:

I'm MP1 with A/images/graemlins/club.gifA/images/graemlins/spade.gif. One limper in front of me, I raise. Two LP's cold-call behind me, as does Brazilio on the button. SB folds, BB calls.

Flop is 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif3/images/graemlins/club.gif. Checked to me, I bet, the two cold-callers call. Brazilio raises and it's folded back to me. I 3-bet, the two limpers fold and it's me and Brazilio HU. He looks at his chips and fumbles with them, seems like he thought about capping, then decides to call.

Turn is the Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif. I bet he raises. I am prepared to fold at this point (I actually decided as he was fumbling with his chips that if he raised the turn I'd give him credit for the set), but I just think about it for a minute, and as I'm considering the descision I look at him, and he REALLY looks like he wants me to fold. I hadn't been looking at him for about 10 seconds, then I looked up and he avoided eye contact. I didn't think it was an act, so I decided to call down.

River is the 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I check, he bets, I call.

He flips up A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. What do you guys think?

P.S All brazilio knows how to do is suck out.

shant
09-23-2005, 04:38 PM
I don't see much wrong here. Do you think he should've 3-bet preflop?

I don't think you can fold the turn just because of how much 2+2ers like the free showdown play, but I think you can fold the river.

On the turn I would put him on 66, 77, 88, 99, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, and maybe TT, but I think he'd 3-bet that preflop.

So, on the river he has to be betting 88 for you to win.

shant
09-23-2005, 05:04 PM
You can probably also include K/images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif on the turn.

callmedonnie
09-23-2005, 05:18 PM
I think you played it fine. I think he played it alright. His raise help push out limpers which is good. The turn raise is tough though. Being that you thought about folding, it was solid I guess.

The river hurts and I call. It was 4 to 1 shot doc, 4 to 1.

private joker
09-23-2005, 05:49 PM
There's an argument to be made that Brazilio should 3-bet preflop.

SackUp
09-23-2005, 05:50 PM
I think you played it fine.

I think brazilo's pfeflop cc is fine. I think I'm capping the flop though and probably taking a free card on the turn UI.

jason_t
09-23-2005, 05:53 PM
I don't like his river bet.

Bill C
09-23-2005, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain?

SackUp
09-23-2005, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you value check the nuts on the river?

have you been watching a little too much bill filmath /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jason_t
09-23-2005, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain?

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously I misread the board. I gave JoshuaD more credit than someone who'd make a bad beat post. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

istewart
09-23-2005, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain?

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously I misread the board. I gave JoshuaD more credit than someone who'd make a bad beat post. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No you didn't misread it. Checking the nuts behind is standard for you.

peterchi
09-23-2005, 06:15 PM
I think you played it perfectly.

I don't like Brazilio's turn raise. He's gotta put you on AA-66 if you're playing it straight. So, if his hand is best, he's way ahead and should just let you keep firing. If he's behind, he's got a ton of outs, but I still wouldn't really want to risk getting 3-bet here if I were him.

Also, it does him no good to make you fold JJ-99, which you probably would. Whereas if he just calls the turn bet, you'd probably fire again on the river, and he wins another bet. Even if he thinks you would shut down on the river UI, I don't think you're check-folding either, so he still wins the same 2 bets.

JaBlue
09-23-2005, 06:22 PM
The real question is whether or not he slowrolled you on the river

brazilio
09-24-2005, 11:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you played it perfectly.

I don't like Brazilio's turn raise. He's gotta put you on AA-66 if you're playing it straight. So, if his hand is best, he's way ahead and should just let you keep firing. If he's behind, he's got a ton of outs, but I still wouldn't really want to risk getting 3-bet here if I were him.

Also, it does him no good to make you fold JJ-99, which you probably would. Whereas if he just calls the turn bet, you'd probably fire again on the river, and he wins another bet. Even if he thinks you would shut down on the river UI, I don't think you're check-folding either, so he still wins the same 2 bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just drove back to SC, and Joshuad's range according to me is going to be far tighter than this. The table initially started out tight, but it loosened up incredibly towards the middle of the session when this happened. He might or might not fold 99-JJ, he's very unlikely to have QQ, and he's got a fold in him with KK and AA if I played my flop right, along with the fact that I picked up two more outs. Perhaps I'm missing 1BB from 99-JJ, but folding KK-AA is primo. I'd debated the 4-bet on the flop for a second, and then when I gained two outs on the turn if he did have KK or AA I thought that was a good spot.

brazilio
09-24-2005, 11:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There's an argument to be made that Brazilio should 3-bet preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the only question I really had, but I don't mind coldcalling nearly as much since I've moved to shorthanded. Controlling the hand is only worth so much, especially when the field is so huge.

brazilio
09-24-2005, 11:18 PM
I wasn't donking around at all and I hadn't seen him do anything either, do you really think I'd put him on AK after he 3-bets the flop? Later he said he would have possibly done it to get rid of the limpers, but at the time it didn't cross my mind at all, and I've never done it myself.