PDA

View Full Version : Could Gulf Coast become uninhabitable?

theweatherman
09-23-2005, 03:58 PM
At the rate of one monster storm every three weeks how long before no one even bothers to live in the Gulf Coast region? If everyone moved out due to dangerous hurricanes sweeping through for 3 months a year the coast could be turned into a wildlife refuge.

Obviously there are certain areas (like ports) where there will always be people. But if peoples homes are destroyed enough times then they will eventually move and who would move in to a place that is cursed with monster storms?

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-23-2005, 04:01 PM
They won't move away because we keep paying for them to rebuild and subsidize their beachfront lifestyle.

AngryCola
09-23-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Could Gulf Coast become uninhabitable?

[/ QUOTE ]

It could, but not because of Rita/Katrina. A few nuclear detonations would do the trick.

[ QUOTE ]
At the rate of one monster storm every three weeks how long before no one even bothers to live in the Gulf Coast region?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your sample size is too small.

jakethebake
09-23-2005, 04:02 PM
One star!!!

theweatherman
09-23-2005, 04:03 PM
I'm thinking that these category 4/5 storms are just the beginning of a trend of bigger and bigger storms. Maybe over the next 25 years or so they would get out of control and make the area to dangerous to live in

jakethebake
09-23-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking that these category 4/5 storms are just the beginning of a trend of bigger and bigger storms. Maybe over the next 25 years or so they would get out of control and make the area to dangerous to live in

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you go to school with tbach?

09-23-2005, 04:19 PM
I'm thinking these storms are due to cows farting and killing off the ozone which makes it easier for the ufos to enter our atmosphere. Everyone knows aliens like playing in the ocean with the sperm whales and once you get a sperm whale excited they spray man whale juice into the sky and it sticks to the clouds and then makes huricanes.

Isn't it obvious?

baumer
09-23-2005, 04:27 PM
What would happen is they just detonated some sort of giant explosive in one of these storms while it was still off the coast.
Would it simply alter it's direction? increase wind speeds? decrease wind speeds? completely destroy the storm? create two separate storms with 1/2 the first storms power? reveal who was really behind the hurricanes (Storm from X-Men)?

jakethebake
09-23-2005, 04:28 PM
Personally I think we should send these storms up in a space elevator.

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-23-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Personally I think we should send these storms up in a space elevator.

[/ QUOTE ]
Now I think you're on to something.

RacersEdge
09-23-2005, 04:29 PM
I think they should just shut down the area to residential living. I would just make it an oil producing region only. Rebuilding NO is not worth it for a cup of jumbalaya.

Broken Glass Can
09-23-2005, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What would happen is they just detonated some sort of giant explosive in one of these storms while it was still off the coast.
Would it simply alter it's direction? increase wind speeds? decrease wind speeds? completely destroy the storm? create two separate storms with 1/2 the first storms power? reveal who was really behind the hurricanes (Storm from X-Men)?

[/ QUOTE ]

The energy in one of these storms is just tremendous. Our worst H bomb is but a fire cracker by comparison. (btw, this is something to remember for those of you who think humans are the driving force in global warming, etc. - our power is tiny compared to mother nature).