PDA

View Full Version : A9o river

baronzeus
09-23-2005, 03:24 PM
This is at a really good AP table. The villain here is an aggressive high limit regular (SIREN) but the others at the table are loose, passive, and predictable in general.

A9o (with As) button (4 handed)

UTG limps, MP Folds, I raise, SIREN Calls, UTG calls

Flop AJ5r one spade

Checked to me, I bet, 2 calls

Turn 9s

Checked to me, I bet, 2 calls

River Ts

SIREN bets, UTG Folds, I raise...

You like this raise? Assuming she is a pretty good player, she should check-raise a flush here, right? I thought it was a weird move because I had exhibited a lot of strength.

The other draws it completes are KQ but she'd 3bet that preflop at least 60% of the time.

This may be standard, but it's something I haven't done, almost at all. Thoughts?

TStoneMBD
09-23-2005, 03:28 PM
i raise the river if you feel comfortable folding to a 3bet which should be easy.

Danenania
09-23-2005, 03:33 PM
I raise. Not keen on folding to a 3-bet though. I raise and call another one if need be.

mute
09-23-2005, 04:40 PM
Yeah, I like this raise. Assuming TAG here was in BB (where is SB?) she could have a number of Ax hands that could be played exactly like this.

joker122
09-23-2005, 07:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I raise and call another one if need be.

[/ QUOTE ]

why's that?

09-23-2005, 07:45 PM
I call. For Siren to bet the river one of 2 things must be going on:
1. she thinks you dont have an ace and were training something like kj or a mid pp and therefore if siren bets the river she thinks that you will think she has 2pair or an ace and fold your weaker hand. - if this is true you should reraise.
2. She called down a draw that hit and you are no behind. SO, she bets because she thinks you have an ace and she also thinks that you are thinking she donky bet you on the river because she thinks ur hand is weak and the bet will imply she has an ace and therefore you fold. So, because she knows that you think this way she is actualy betting out her made draw (be it straight or flush) beause she knows you will raise and this way she can c/r. - in this situation you should really fold but thats not logical therefore you will rather call then reraise.

So, being that you said Siren is a regular, i would call here and make a note on how she played this hand. I personally will be a lot more pissed off if i am 3 bet and beat by a flush or straight then if i simply call, win the hand, and then think 'i should have reraised!'

I hope this was not terribly annoying to read or hard to follow.

baronzeus
09-23-2005, 08:02 PM
The problem with your reasoning is that although SIREN is a LAG, she probably does not vary her play in relation to my thinking. She knows this card completed a few draws and is difficult for me to raise; that is to say, raising a flush and a scare card is something people rarely do. So by betting instead of checkraising with whatever hand she has (top pair good kicker, 2 pair, etc) she is making sure I don't check behind if she has a winner...and she's definitely calling a bet with those hands if I raise.

This is definitely something I should start doing more against thinking players.

arkady
09-23-2005, 08:37 PM
There is an understatement, she may be a regular, but her preflop calling standards suck.

saw her call w.A2o out of bb to an utg (normal pfr) raiser. silly silly silly.

ArturiusX
09-23-2005, 09:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why's that?

[/ QUOTE ]

JT and a few worse hands are in his range.

Danenania
09-24-2005, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why's that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, I didn't realize that the river completed the three flush. I would just call now that I see that.

whodaman
09-24-2005, 05:24 PM
raise and call a 3bet
She has 2 pair here a lot.
she would c/r a flush most of the time. Plus its hard to give her credit for runner runner here just cause she donkbet.
she should have folded KQ, Q8, 87 on the turn.
seems pretty standard to me.