PDA

View Full Version : 10: Questionable Bubble Push with 22

CobraGoat
09-23-2005, 02:31 PM
Full Tilt- started with 1500 chips and blinds were 80/160 at this point and i had 1450 left.

4 people left. i pick up 22 in the BB.

UTG folds, BUtton calls (he has 1100 chips just took a big hit last hand) ( i had seen him fold to raises after he just called a couple times already, but he was a pretty loose player), SB folds. I push. He thinks awhile and calls, flips up A5 offsuit.

was this a reasonable play or should i have just checked and waited for a better spot?

Nicholasp27
09-23-2005, 02:35 PM
check and wait to hit a set before betting big

22 is a dog to 89, any 2 suited, dominated by higher pps, only a slight fave to any 2 overs, and only really favored to x2 hands

he already limped in...u really want to be first in pot for maximum FE...you have 9 bbs...i'd wait for better spot and better hand

09-23-2005, 02:41 PM
This is player dependant. The fact that he folded before makes this a reasonable play. However, other options are lower variance. Is he able to come over the top of a weak bet on the flop with air? If not, check and bet 1/2 pot on the flop. You should pick up the pot about 2/3 of the time. Plus, you hit a set over 1/10 of the time and can maybe extract some somehow. You'd have to assign some numbers to these things to see which play is better.

CobraGoat
09-23-2005, 02:41 PM
yeah thats what i figured after playing the hand.

i was just enticed by seeing this guy limp fold to big bet a few times already. but then again, i think he probably got sick of that happening to him combined with his having just taken a hit and there you have my mistake.