PDA

View Full Version : The Dunks chick tried to steal my quarter

HoldEmKillah
09-23-2005, 01:49 PM
On my way to work I went through the Dunkin Donuts drive through and ordered a medium regular. At the window the girl says $1.75 so I hand her 2 one-dollar bills and she exchanges it for my coffee hand-for-hand then closes her window. So I'm sitting there in my car for about 30-45 seconds staring at her closed window waiting for her fat, ugly head to pop back out and give me my 25c. Now I know what's going on here: she EXPECTS that the quarter is a tip so she figures that she can ignore me until I conveniently grow impatient and drive away. Well F that...it's MY MONEY and I'm not letting anyone STEAL it.

So finally she pops out, looks at me like she's surprised that I'm still there and I say, clearly annoyed, "My change, please??" She gives the look like she forgot. Whatever.

This tipping [censored] has gotten out of control. Don't get me wrong. I tip VERY well wherever I go (I used to be a waiter for years so I know how it is to work off of tips). The majority of times I will tip the Dunks girls my change or whatever but this really is just asanine.

I'm not sure if I conveyed this properly in text so you clearly understand what happened. Has this happened to anyone else?

09-23-2005, 01:53 PM
Ockam's razor - she likely just forgot

09-23-2005, 02:09 PM
I can't remember ever not getting back my change but you are correct in saying the tipping "requests" have gotten out of hand. Everywhere you go now there is a tip jar there. There is a reason you are PAID to do your job. I can undersand the service and hospitality industry, but every other place you step foot into?

4_2_it
09-23-2005, 02:15 PM
The madness will continue to perpetuate and we will soon have posters in online forum expecting tips to be transferred into their pay pal accounts........

STLantny
09-23-2005, 02:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The madness will continue to perpetuate and we will soon have posters in online forum expecting tips to be transferred into their pay pal accounts........

[/ QUOTE ]

Sportsbetting sites, pay certain posters to post (pretty much the same thing).

steelcmg
09-23-2005, 02:16 PM
I dont think those people at DD should get a tip they make there 6$ an hour and thats about all they are worth. Why should they get a tip they get paid to wait on people there job is nothing like a waiter. The only time someone like this deserves a tip is if they go out of there way to help me.

JihadOnTheRiver
09-23-2005, 02:19 PM
piss in your coffee and give it back to her

Slow Play Ray
09-23-2005, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Try going to Montreal. Everyone there DEMANDS tips. It's disgusting.

JihadOnTheRiver
09-23-2005, 04:15 PM
i don't think i'll have that problem anytime soon. i put a jihad on canada many moons ago.

phage
09-23-2005, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Try going to Montreal. Everyone there DEMANDS tips. It's disgusting.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's true. I grew up in Montreal. Tipping has now become second nature to me and I find myself doing it WAY too often and after transactions that clearly do not require a tip. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

MonkeeMan
09-23-2005, 05:58 PM
The waitresses at my pool hall do this every time. I order a Shiner, they bring it back and say either "$2.75" or "$3.75" (after 7:00), I hand them a $5 or $20, and they absolutely never give me the $0.25, just the bills. I still tip them $1 a drink, Vegas style. Why don't they just say "$3" or "$4"?

09-23-2005, 11:19 PM
I don’t tip because society says I gotta. I tip when somebody deserves a tip. When somebody really puts forth an effort, they deserve a little something extra. But this tipping automatically, that [censored]’s for the birds. As far as I’m concerned, they’re just doing their job.

edfurlong
09-24-2005, 12:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don’t tip because society says I gotta. I tip when somebody deserves a tip. When somebody really puts forth an effort, they deserve a little something extra. But this tipping automatically, that [censored]’s for the birds. As far as I’m concerned, they’re just doing their job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, you'll never get a chance to use this account.

rusty JEDI
09-24-2005, 02:31 AM
Even worse is having a discussion with a waitress or waiter on why tips are taxable and they should report them as such.

rJ

09-24-2005, 02:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Even worse is having a discussion with a waitress or waiter on why tips are taxable and they should report them as such.

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I’m very sorry that the government taxes their tips. That’s [censored] up. But that ain’t my fault. it would appear that waitresses are just one of the many groups the government fucks in the ass on a regular basis. You show me a paper says the government shouldn’t do that, I’ll sign it. Put it to a vote, I’ll vote for it. But what I won’t do is play ball. And this non-college bullshit you’re telling me, I got two words for that: “Learn to [censored] type.” Cause if you’re expecting me to help out with the rent, you’re in for a big [censored] surprise.

09-24-2005, 11:08 AM
Besides, the Dunks girl won't give you 6 re-fills... When I drink coffee I want my cup re-filled 6 times.

You know, I used to work minimum wage. And when I did, I wasn't lucky enough to have a job society deemed tip-worthy.

HopeydaFish
09-24-2005, 11:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Besides, the Dunks girl won't give you 6 re-fills... When I drink coffee I want my cup re-filled 6 times.

You know, I used to work minimum wage. And when I did, I wasn't lucky enough to have a job society deemed tip-worthy.

[/ QUOTE ] http://www.tinyvital.com/images/blogmisc/boohoo.gif Do you know what this is? It's the world's smallest violin, playing just for the waitresses.

Dave G.
09-24-2005, 12:17 PM
Move to Australia. We don't have to tip [censored] over here. Waiters and waitresses and the like get decent wages, so we never tip.

The idea of tipping is so weird to me. I pay for my food, for which I pay enough already, and then I have to pay for the restaurant to employ people too? That's f'ed up. You guys are weird.

IggyWH
09-24-2005, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well F that...it's MY MONEY and I'm not letting anyone STEAL it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you Jewish?

HopeydaFish
09-25-2005, 12:48 PM
I had a similar experience as you did, except that I was the one doing the "stealing" on the other end. In College I worked as a salesman at a furniture store. A guy had made a large purchase that worked out to some odd amount when the taxed were factored in, like $1599.87 or something. Anyway, the guy peels off a bunch of hundreds to pay me, and as I'm counting it out, he asks me a question about something he'd purchased. I put the money in the cash register and proceed to answer his question, and walk over to the items that he has purchased to further explain what I was talking about.

Anyway, I finish explaining it to him, he thanks me, and leaves. About 30 seconds later he comes walking back into the store, looking a little perturbed. He says to me "You forgot to give me my change". "Really?" I said, because I was surprised that I'd done so.

I reached in the cash and grabbed the 13 cents that I owed him, and as I'm handing over the coins he sarcastically says to me "Nice try"...and pockets the change and turns around and walks out.

benza13
09-25-2005, 12:59 PM
Only related in the tipping has gotten out of hand way.

My friends brother has gone through some tough times recently and ended up with a restraining order from his ex-gf, so he needs a police detail to get his stuff from her house, not a lot of stuff, maybe an hours worth of moving. He calls the police to arrange the pick up and they tell him he needs to pay for a 4 hour detail (minimum) at $40 an hour, plus tip.

THE POLICE DEMANDED A TIP WHEN THEY ARE ALREADY BEING HIRED FOR AN EXTRA 3 HOURS AT A RIDICULOUS AMOUNT TO BEGIN WITH.

NLSoldier
09-25-2005, 01:27 PM
all i have to say is that somehow I orignally read the title as "Two Drunk chicks tried to steal my quarter" I was pretty dissapointed.

HopeydaFish
09-25-2005, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Only related in the tipping has gotten out of hand way.

My friends brother has gone through some tough times recently and ended up with a restraining order from his ex-gf, so he needs a police detail to get his stuff from her house, not a lot of stuff, maybe an hours worth of moving. He calls the police to arrange the pick up and they tell him he needs to pay for a 4 hour detail (minimum) at $40 an hour, plus tip.

THE POLICE DEMANDED A TIP WHEN THEY ARE ALREADY BEING HIRED FOR AN EXTRA 3 HOURS AT A RIDICULOUS AMOUNT TO BEGIN WITH.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds more like $40/hour + bribe to me.