PDA

View Full Version : Cal at NMexSt

Fairless
09-23-2005, 01:41 PM
Anyone see any value at all in New Mexico State +30?

Gramps
09-23-2005, 08:17 PM
Cal's passing offense with Ayoob is shaky at best (and at it's less-than-best is bad), and they've gotten off to a slow start in all 3 of their games this year - they've done well offensively in the 2nd half against 3 teams that they've worn down as the game's gone on (with their superior size and plethora of stud runners). You know that, emotionally speaking, this is pretty much all NMSt. has to play for for the rest this year - this being at home and on national TV. Cal's got great size and ability on the offensive line and may wear NMSt. down in the 2nd half and cover the 30 points (or maybe not), but +17 in the 1st half is looking pretty darned good.

P.S. I'm a Cal season-ticket holder and have watched two games in person and the 3rd one on TV, so the above is from first-hand impressions. Of course...I know shat about NMSt. except that (a) they suck, and (b) they haven't won yet this year.

Fairless
09-23-2005, 09:15 PM
thanks for the analysis

WLC4Ever
09-23-2005, 09:19 PM
Cal may get started a little slow, but NM State hasn't covered 17 in a half all season, I can't see why they'd start doing it now against the best team they'll play...

WLC4Ever
09-23-2005, 10:35 PM
Hell, looks like we were both wrong. Both teams are flying out of the gate.