PDA

View Full Version : similar hand w/ KK...too weak?

joseki
09-23-2005, 01:35 PM
Same table same villain as JJ hand.

Anyone showing this down?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB

paco
09-23-2005, 02:16 PM
Well, an aggression factor of 1.7 is not that passive postflop.
I think its pretty reliable that he's representing the ace after you've convincingly done the same. With some obvious draws out there I think I would call this down. With noting more than a gutshot possible I think its pretty clear he at least has an A. If you haven't seen him get out of line in a big way I think this was well played.
One thing though: if you really think he has it, don't call the flop c/r with only 2 outs. You just wasted a sb. He has no idea you made the laydown you did. For all he knows you just ditched your 77.

09-23-2005, 02:20 PM
He might just have a 10, dont fold.

kidcolin
09-23-2005, 02:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
One thing though: if you really think he has it, don't call the flop c/r with only 2 outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good advice. It seems obvious, but I think countless people (and 2+2ers) throw away a small bet in a situation like this. I read OPs JJ hand and I thought the same thing, though that one was a tiny bit better since the board was so drawy. The pot was protected, though.

paco
09-23-2005, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He might just have a 10, dont fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the action he would have to be a serious LAG to do this. With this opponent I think if he had a T it would be a question of whether to value bet the river after being called down, which I think he clearly should.