PDA

View Full Version : What Chicks Really Mean When They Ask, "What's Your Goal In Life?"

IQ89
09-23-2005, 01:29 PM
This is a question often asked by sophistcated gold diggers who you're meeting for the first time. Because I watched a guy at a club caught off guard after being asked this question the other night, I thought I'd post this thread. Anyway, the question simply means: What are you doing now to put yourself in a position to be making more money in the future?

Unsophisticated gold diggers are more direct: "So what do you drive?" etc..

When a chick asks you what your goals in life are, it sounds kind of deep; open to interpretation. It doesn't necessarily have to be related to money. For instance, your goal in life could be to become a monk. But I assure you, if you answer in a way that isn't somehow related to your money-making potential (which should also give them an idea of how much you're making presently [student = broke]), most likely you'll be filed away in their "Friend Only" category.

Unless she's unusually hot, I'll most likely be evasive and say something like, "Well, my goal in life is to find the perfect woman." (Or maybe to find the perfect cheeseburger, or whatever...) Because they have a degree tact, they'll act like they give a sh!t and play along, "Oh, what requirements would your perfect woman have to fulfill?" After feigning interest she may try once more to redirect the conversation back to your money-related goals. If that doesn't work (and it usually doesn't with me) you can just watch their interest evaporate. Of course if you're desperate (which I am sometimes), you can go ahead and play along. Nothing wrong with that, but at least you'll know the score.

Intent
09-23-2005, 01:47 PM
I ask guys this because I find a lack of ambition/goals to usually equal a pretty boring person. Is there another way I'm supposed to ask?

FouTight
09-23-2005, 01:49 PM
Play hard to get...

"To find a girl who doesn't ask me what my goals in life are."

walk away...

she'll be ALL OVER YOU.

jedi
09-23-2005, 01:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I ask guys this because I find a lack of ambition/goals to usually equal a pretty boring person. Is there another way I'm supposed to ask?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask about personal goals, which are separate from career goals.

09-23-2005, 01:52 PM
this is not all true... while women are attracted to money, it's not necessarily a deal breaker if you're not loaded. 'What is your goal in life?' could mean lots of things...she could be seeing if you are b/f material, i.e. you want to get married, have a family...those kinds of things. Sure you've got your golddiggers, but not all of us are after your money! Infact, I plan on making my own money someday. Furthermore, i don't think i've ever asked what someone's goal for life is when i first met them...usually men say something stupid and will mess up the conversation way before I even care what they're doing next weekend, let alone for the rest of their lives...

Namdrahsirhc
09-23-2005, 01:52 PM
You beat me to it by a few minutes Blinden.

"How much money can you afford to spend on me in the next 5 years?" thats pretty much how i would interpret such a question

sfer
09-23-2005, 01:57 PM
If your flirting skills are so poor as to be unable to playfully blow off this question and others like it...

09-23-2005, 02:04 PM
translates rougly to --> "Within the next couple years, how much money do you expect to have?"

STLantny
09-23-2005, 02:09 PM
I usually tell them, I dont talk about these kinds of issues until we are sufficiently wasted, and already in bed.

DcifrThs
09-23-2005, 02:22 PM
first off, the "what are your goals" is definately a first date question and not a meet at the bar kinda question. if its asked, it may or not be about your financial situation. girls sometimes will want to see what kind of person you are.

you should mix humor, honesty and an interesting story or two into the answer.

Barron

IQ89
09-23-2005, 02:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Guys rarely ask this question of women, but yet we are still, somehow, able to determine whether or not if a woman is a "boring" person. Anyway, I only started this thread to help guys avoid feeling caught off guard when asked this question, like the guy I mentioned in my previous post (poor fellow, struggling not to seem like a loser). If he had read my post (and a few replies already posted within this thread), maybe he could have handled it a little more lightheartedly, that's all.

JihadOnTheRiver
09-23-2005, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"what are your goals" is definately a first date question and not a meet at the bar kinda question

[/ QUOTE ]

This is excellent insight and perfectly true. On a first date, feel free to answer creatively and help your chances of vagina pwnage. HOWEVER, if asked this at a bar, make sure your friends are within earshot, and tell her that your only goal in life is to see her tits, or perhaps provide a mushroom tattoo to her forehead in the next 15 minutes. Then buy her a drink.

-JOTR

STLantny
09-23-2005, 02:29 PM
hrmmm...vagina pwnage. Nice.

JihadOnTheRiver
09-23-2005, 02:34 PM
yeah. that was my first usage of the pw word since i started here. is there a prize involved? how did i do?

09-23-2005, 02:40 PM
"I ain't saying shes a gold digger, but she ain't messin with no broke..."

Kanye says it all!

Blarg
09-23-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Certainly not nearly as exciting as money.

Great post by the OP.