PDA

View Full Version : generic three bet pot

tommo
09-23-2005, 12:27 PM
Alright. This kind of hand is starting to bother me. Villain is very passive post flop. Vpip 33.33% and pfr 15%

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ tommo (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

SB ($369.40)
tommo ($407.60)
UTG ($473.80)
MP ($267.80)
CO ($86.03)
Button ($369.20)

Preflop: tommo is BB with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif. SB posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $14</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, tommo calls $10.

Flop: ($30) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">tommo bets $28</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">tommo raises to $200</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Some other stuff happens</font>

I know, its a real boring hand. Do you guys see a better way of extracting value here?

In this case with villain raising 15% of his hands preflop I have to consider a flush draw or KQ.

What if villains pfr were lower? say like 7%. Would you call his raise and bet out on the turn? given that it would now be much more unlikely that he has a draw (especially since he is quite passive)?

I just get the terrible feeling in hands like these that I'm giving my opponent an easy decision with AA KK. Although, I guess if I where in his shoes I might have a hard time folding AA KK here.

Feels a lot like I'm getting called with 1010 or JJ and not much else. (I guess KQ of diamonds as well).

And yeah, I guess I should have pushed here.

Yeti
09-23-2005, 12:30 PM
Yeah, I push. These small 3-bets are very scary to your opponents.

[ QUOTE ]
Feels a lot like I'm getting called with 1010 or JJ and not much else.

[/ QUOTE ]

This assumption is waaaaaaay off. I start thinking like this when I'm running bad too.

ObnxNole
09-23-2005, 12:41 PM
Villian's reraise on the flop tells you he has a strong hand. There are ton of cards that you don't want to see on the turn so put your money in when you have the best hand and see what happens from there. PUSH the flop.

tommo
09-23-2005, 03:23 PM
So are you saying a flop push is more likely to be called by a hand weaker than 1010 JJ than the raise I made?

I've always thought that might be the case but never really tested it out

Yeti
09-23-2005, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So are you saying a flop push is more likely to be called by a hand weaker than 1010 JJ than the raise I made?

I've always thought that might be the case but never really tested it out

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely.

And you're making it cheap for your opponent to draw here. You hate a quarter of the deck on the turn. Push.