PDA

View Full Version : Unsure about flop and turn

sean c
09-23-2005, 12:14 PM
Live 4/8. Good game lots of fish two decent players. Villian in this hand is BB he is loose pre flop but pretty solid post flop.

Pre flop: sean c opens UTG with K /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I got the usual armada of cold callers including the BB.

Flop(5 players 10.5sb) 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. BB bets, sean c raises, two fish call, BB 3-bets and we all call.
I felt the raise was pretty standard but I really don't know what I am trying to protect my hand against or what I could possibly fold that I wanted to fold. Anyway does anybody like a call here better than a raise or does anybody capp with the second nut flush draw with four players in?

Turn(4 players 11.25bb) 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif BB bets, sean c?
Call this down or should I raise/fold to a three bet or raise/call down?

cold_cash
09-23-2005, 12:24 PM
Don't raise.

I would likely call and see what happens.

sy_or_bust
09-23-2005, 12:34 PM
In a loose game the flop raise is good if the weak players will cold-call hearts. Obviously if they fold a pair, ace, or straight card it's good too.

On the turn, just call. It's WA/WB to the river, and it seems highly likely that you'll get 2 overcalls on both streets.

stoli
09-23-2005, 12:39 PM
With 4 players in on the river you only have to win this hand one of the 4 times to make a raise here profitable. With 3 other players in on the river they have 6 unkown cards one of which could be the ace of hearts. You know you don't have the A of hearts (2 cards) the folder didn't (2cards) the flop doesn't have it (5 cards) Compare that with the 37 cards remaining in the deck, it is much more likely that the remaining ace is in the deck. I'm not sure on the exact math or how to figure this out but I do know if you have a stack of 37 cards and a stack of 6 the chance of finding one specific card is greater in the larger stack.

sy_or_bust
09-23-2005, 12:48 PM
Unfortunately, that sort of math has no bearing on the probability Villain holds the A/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Guruman
09-23-2005, 12:55 PM
with this many poor players in, I'd cap the flop for value - and to define my hand to the BB.

Given his pf cold call, he's either got Ax/images/graemlins/heart.gif, any other two hearts, 79s or 47s (not necessarily hearts, 88, 55, and 66.

you're miles ahead the vast majority of his flushes all of his straights (except the straight flushes), and you're still mostly ahead of his sets. Your main concern from BB is the Ax/images/graemlins/heart.gif which probably can't include AQ, AK(can't have that one), and AJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif since he would have raised for value with those hands.

When he leads into you on the flush turn, I'm not sure how to proceed. Would he go for the check/raise with the A/images/graemlins/heart.gif here? Given that you raised the flop, it wouldn't be unreasonable. Bet/threebet is another good line with the Ace, but we'll never know if we just call here.

My first instinct is to raise the turn, and call a three bet.

If the river pairs the board I think I just call if bet into, or bet if checked to.

If the A/images/graemlins/heart.giffalls on the river, you obviously cap it up. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

cold_cash
09-23-2005, 04:24 PM
Why would you want to raise the turn and drive out the players behind you?

09-23-2005, 05:01 PM
I don't think raising the turn is a good idea. If you are ahead, then you are way ahead, and you want those extra callers. These players left to act will call to the showdown with any heart, but if you raise, they will likely fold, and if you are 3-bet by the BB, you really aren't any more sure of where you stand. Better to not risk the extra bets here, but I think you are good often enough to show this down.

09-23-2005, 05:06 PM
With two fish behind you I definitely call the turn hoping not to drive them out. If one of the fish raises I will:

fold if BB 3-bets.
call if BB just calls.

Then I'll hope that the A /images/graemlins/heart.gif falls on the river.