PDA

View Full Version : Funding party account with calling card

IgorSmiles
09-23-2005, 10:54 AM
Party now has a direct link to buy a calling card and use it to fund your account. Has anyone used this?

applejuicekid
09-23-2005, 11:07 AM
yes, the fee is pretty pricey but it works instantly.

BruinEric
09-23-2005, 11:10 AM
This is how I funded my first foray to Party. The Neteller account method is greatly superior, but it takes time to set up. It works fine.

My credit card company declined my first attempt at purchasing the calling card because apparently this is a frequent source of fraudelent use. One phone call fixed this problem.

IgorSmiles
09-23-2005, 11:29 AM
My credit card company approved it no problem. But I had a message on my voicemail today supposedly from the company that I bought the phonecard from. It sounded a little shady. I was wondering if anyone else had this happen.

CountDuckula
09-23-2005, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My credit card company approved it no problem. But I had a message on my voicemail today supposedly from the company that I bought the phonecard from. It sounded a little shady. I was wondering if anyone else had this happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't; I've used this method once at Party and once at Empire. In what way did it sound shady? I pay attention to my CC statements and make sure there aren't any extra charges, they just took what they said on the screen.

-Mike

AAmaz0n
09-23-2005, 06:35 PM
Can you buy this card physically somewhere with cash if you don't want to use a credit card? Some folks I know are very paranoid about giving their CC info online.

thanks,

Shauna

XxGodJrxX
09-24-2005, 12:11 AM
There may be a fee associated with it, but I think it is the easiest way to get money online for the first time. It's either this or set up a Neteller account and all that stuff which could take a while.

In fact, I would argue that this calling card option is one of the reasons that there are so many fish at Party.