PDA

View Full Version : New low for Party stock made today:

Baulucky
09-23-2005, 10:34 AM
PRTY.L (http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=PRTY.L&t=5d)

Poker Boom over?. Maybe.

timprov
09-23-2005, 10:36 AM
I don't get how people are reasoning from Party stock falling to the poker boom being over. Poker boom on the LSE maybe. But PRTY's been overvalued ever since it debuted, so drops are hardly surprising.

toss
09-23-2005, 10:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Poker Boom over?. Maybe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats with this thought process? Aren't we being a bit presumptuous?

09-23-2005, 10:41 AM
I think it's more a buy opportunity. Growth is less than expected in the sector, but it's still outstanding.

timprov
09-23-2005, 10:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it's more a buy opportunity.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't until it's at least below 90.

09-23-2005, 10:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I agree. But it will go back to 140-160 within a year.

09-23-2005, 11:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wouldn't until it's at least below 40.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP

timprov
09-23-2005, 11:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I agree. But it will go back to 140-160 within a year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I only hope it does and I have the money to short it by then. I feel like I missed a huge opportunity this summer.

09-23-2005, 11:18 AM
this stock is dead and broken right now it will be cut in half before it ever goes towards 150 again.

Matter of fact by next year when you bulls expect this dog to be mid 100's Parasol and the other founders will be in court for fraud.
No way this stock should have ever had a market cap above $1Billion let alone $8/$9 Billion..

this stock will continue to make new lows-it's broken the gig is up. Anyone that understands this business knows Party was a short even at the intital ipo price. The run up from the ipo to 175 was blowoff territory.

Party founders will be lucky if they arent put in jail by the lawsuits that will follow in the next 2-3 years.

Neil Stevens
09-23-2005, 11:32 AM
My guess is, any judge will look at the pages of warnings Party Poker made, and will laugh the "Party Poker IPO is rigged!" lawsuits out of court.

He might even do it with a "YSSCKY."

Baulucky
09-23-2005, 11:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

Poker Boom over?. Maybe.

Whats with this thought process? Aren't we being a bit presumptuous?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe.

timprov
09-23-2005, 11:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone that understands this business knows Party was a short even at the intital ipo price. The run up from the ipo to 175 was blowoff territory.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this, and I don't actually think it will get to 150 again; I think there's a good chance it won't ever break 100. I'm just regretting not being able to short it this summer, and enjoying the pipe dream of a fluke price. I strongly doubt it's going to be in the 45 range anytime soon, though.

09-29-2005, 12:21 PM
PRTY.L breaking down again to new lows-another 8% today to 87.50 on huge volume: The Party is Over-At least for the Stock (http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=PRTY.L)

50 here we come.

[ QUOTE ]
But this week has brought the first serious signs of trouble for the sector. 888 made its debut on Thursday at 175 pence, but by 1438 GMT its shares had fallen 7 percent to 163-1/2 pence.

PartyGaming was hit by the fall out, and its shares fell 8 percent to 88 pence, down 24 percent on its original listing price in June.

[/ QUOTE ]

looks like 888(Pacific Poker) was floated today and broke the syndicate bid.

Tracksuit.Man
09-29-2005, 12:27 PM
Party gaming has made a offer to buy Betfair for 1.2 billion GDP

VivaLaViking
09-29-2005, 12:50 PM
They don't deserve a PE above 20. You do the math. If they are not making earning now, why not?

You are partially correct. They will not be in court for fraud but for Racketeering under the RICO statute. The US Federal Court has jurisdiction for all counts involving Wire Fraud in the US (all Internet Fraud is Wire Fraud), and RICO allows private Civil actions with triple damages. But you are right about it being a great short over $100.

Python49
09-29-2005, 12:57 PM
In light of the OP's thread I think it's time we all just quit online poker starting today, considering that the poker boom is officially over. Thanks, i was sitting around waiting for someone to tell me so I could finally quit playing.

Tracksuit.Man
09-29-2005, 12:59 PM
They make a [censored] load of cash, and nobody cares what the U.S Goverment says on this..

Party Poker went up to high, and now it gone down to low..And when they have Betfair..they will ne worth 100 billion in 3 years

VivaLaViking
09-29-2005, 01:11 PM
Fool,
1, if they are making so much cash, where are the earnings?
2, I'll tell you who cares about the US, Party does. It's 80% of their market.
3, their liability is huge, much much greater than their entire market cap when they were at their high.

Sponger15SB
09-29-2005, 01:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
PRTY.L (http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=PRTY.L&t=5d)

Poker Boom over?. Maybe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Compaq and Dell are both down today, I think the computer boom is over.

VivaLaViking
09-29-2005, 02:10 PM
It offends me when some Johnny-Come-Lately comes on to this site only to pump some dubious stock. Now stop lying to these people, there is only one way PRTY is going to buy anything and that is through dillution. For those uninitiated, dilution is when PRTY breaks out the printing press for new stock certificates. As an example, instead of you having 100 shares you actually now have the equivalent of 50 but you gain share in another gaming company, and their liabilities. No diversification.

Tracksuit.Man
09-29-2005, 02:15 PM
They made $250 Million profit for the H1 05, and by cuting back on advertising they will make $350 H2 05

When they take Betfair..Ladbrokes will have to buy william hill to take them on

Do you care what the law is with the dutch

Tracksuit.Man
09-29-2005, 02:19 PM
Betfair isn't listed anywhere, so you can't buy it

Uglyowl
09-29-2005, 05:48 PM
I have read some of the stupidiest posts in this thread than I have in a long time.

crazy canuck
09-29-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have read the stupidiest posts in this thread .

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP