PDA

View Full Version : KK vs AA vs AA

wuarhg
09-23-2005, 09:06 AM
I have ~8000 in chips, SB 4100, BB 4800. 5-handed homegame

I raise 3x bb, sb reraises, bb re-reraises, I raise enough to put them both all-in, they both call. I don't spike a set.

How are the chips distributed? I've never been in this situation before.

henrikrh
09-23-2005, 09:10 AM
Form a main pot, which is the shortstacks chips times 3, each of you putting in the same amount of chips as he has. Then form a side pot, which is the other shortstacks remianing chips. Give the full side pot to the 2nd shortstack, split the main pot between the 1st and the second short stack.

se2schul
09-23-2005, 09:14 AM
Make Side Pots.
SB has smallest stack at 4100, so he's competing for:
Side Pot #1: 4100*3 = 12300

BB has 700 above this that you contributed to:
Main Pot: 700*2 = 1400

You get to keep all the chips that neither of them were able to call (everything over 4800).

SB gets half of the sidepot #1 and BB gets the other half.
BB gets the main pot.
You only get the chips that the other guys couldn't call.

SB gets 12300/2 = 6150
BB gets 12300/2 + 1400 = 7550

If you're having trouble with this, I suggest staying away from PLO8 since figuring out multiple side pots with splits is insanity - especially when really, really impaired.

wuarhg
09-23-2005, 10:24 AM
Alright, thanks /images/graemlins/grin.gif

lorinda
09-23-2005, 10:30 AM
When physically creating sidepots between any number of players, repeat the following steps.

1) Leave all unmatched bets in front of players. (You get used to this with experience, you can see it coming)
By unmatched, I mean all bets including the first one that were not called entirely.

2) Find the smallest stack. Take this number of chips from each players bet and put them in front of the player who had the smallest stack. That player can win the main pot, plus the chips in front of him.

3) Find the next smallest stack. Using the chips that are left in front of all players, take the same amount from them that is left in the next smallest stack and put them in front of the player with the next smallest stack.
That player can win all previous sidepots, plus this one.

4) Repeat 3) until only one player has chips left. He gets this back as change.

5) After the hands are shown, each person can only win pots up to and including the one where they were all in. Subsequent pots that were made have to be won by someone else.

Lori